“fresh fish”

Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Westborough
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Welcome to Harry's Restaurant, family owned and operated for two generations. A roadside diner serving some of the best fried clams in Metrowest. Harry's, known as a route 9 hangout, has been around since 1946. The decor is vinyl galore, but you can expect some of the freshest home cooking anywhere around. Stop by and enjoy our menu full of classic American home style dishes. Sure, we get a bit fancy here and there, but only to make the food taste extra special. After all, down home doesn't mean down scale. Harry's " one of the few places serving dinner past midnight " bills itself as "the place for fried clams," and the claim's legit. The clams (both with bellies and the sacrilegious strips) are tender.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stopped for lunch on our way home from Boston and Quincy. Knew of the place from years ago and was thrilled it is still open and as good as ever. One of the specials was 2 fried from fish menu. Very fresh haddock and clams- whole belly. Waitress was very helpful.If you are in the area, stop in for fresh fish- can beat it for taste and value. Very much a local place but out of town people treated like family

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I now live in Ontario Canada and I go back to Westborough and one of the first places I have to go to is Harry's. love the fried clams.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I got here early for dinner, and was very glad I did because by the time I left, there were three parties waiting for tables. The place is small but clearly popular. I had the fried clam belly platter, and it was good though the fried clams had too much breading/flour. The waitstaff was great, though very busy. I would go back and try other menu items, but will find someplace else for my fried clams.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Harry's has been around forever. Free-standing building on Rte. 9 in Westborough, MA. ~10 small booths/tables & ~6 counter seats. Lots of windows. Cash only (small cash machine inside if you get stuck).
Dinner is great for fried fish (they have tons of other comfort food, but I always end up ordering the fried clam strips!). Get there early or you'll be waiting in line!
Went for breakfast the other day - coffee was tasty (which is a biggie for me). I had eggs scrambled with pastrami & American cheese and homefries. My husband had eggs scrambled with mushrooms & onion & cheddar with homefries & cinnamon-raisin toast. We split a side of bacon. Wasn't crowded - sat right down, which was awesome.
Wait staff knows what they're doing - friendly and efficient.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

You can't go wrong when ordering the Lobster Roll here. Big hunks of lobster claws. This is a dinner and fun place to enjoy a casual meal. Wish they had a little better wine selection.