“Much better the second time around”

Sachi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #17 of 93 Restaurants in Westborough
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come dine in our comfortable sushi lounge with freshly made selections that are prepared to order. Sachi offers marvelous Japanese delights like sashimi, sushi, and Maki. Come visit Sachi for a delightful dining experience and relax with cocktails or enjoy an after-dinner specialty drink in our friendly cocktail lounge.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Our family went for dinner here recently with a Groupon deal. I had been there for lunch one other time and was not impressed. This time we had a delicious dinner - the sushi and sashimi were all very fresh and nicely prepared. The wine list was pretty good too. We did have to wait quite a while for our table - especially on a Monday night but, they were really slammed with guests that night for some reason and had only staffed up for a typical slow Monday night. It was worth the wait and we would go back.

1  Thank Ellebella_12
Jin W, Manager at Sachi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

I'm so glad you decided to give us another chance! Thank you, and it's wonderful to know that you enjoyed your sushi and sashimi along with a nice glass or two of wine. I hope we can welcome you again soon, and we'll always do our best to cut down your wait time if possible.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

First visit- overcharged our credit card and we had to make several calls to resolve it.
Second visit- busy bar, slow service, food was OK
Third visit-We didn't go. We were supposed to see our favorite band there on New Year's Eve. The event was cancelled earlier in the day because the restaurant wanted a DJ instead. So sleazy.
I'm done.

Jin W, Manager at Sachi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

I'm terribly sorry for this string of mishaps. It seems like we've had bad luck making a good impression on you, and I promise we can do much better. I hope you'll consider giving us one more chance to give you the service you deserve, delicious food, and an error-free payment experience!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We made reservations for the hibachi room at 8:30 for a party of 16 on New Years Eve. At 9:15 we were told that we would NOT be able to be seated in the hibachi room because the party before us were "delayed" in eating due to the fact that they were "short staffed". We would have to sit in the main dining room and would be allowed to order off the $50 per person menu which was specifically made up of hibachi type entrees and appetizers. More than half the party that ordered a specific appetizer were told 10 minutes after ordering, that it wasn't available. Our entrees were served cold at 11:15 pm . Management never came to table to explain or apologize. The only positive, was the ONE waiter that served us. he did his best despite the conditions Unacceptable management for an overpriced, overrated restaurant. Will NEVER return.

Jin W, Manager at Sachi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this, Andy. I agree it was not fair that your party was unable to use the Hibachi room, and that there was such a lengthy delay. There were unforeseen circumstances that caused us to be short-staffed, and although I realize the situation was extremely frustrating, I assure you it was not an intentional slight. I hope we get the opportunity to make it up to you and to prove that we have excellent service and delicious food.

Best,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My son visited the restaurant last week and complained about the wait time to get seated. We went there tonight and left after 45 minutes of waiting, despite being told the wait would be maybe 15 minutes. They are WAY under-staffed. It's too bad as the menu looks very good. We'll try the place again in six months or so to let them work out the kinks.

I sincerely apologize for the wait time, Phil, and I hope you'll come in again to dine with us. I know we can impress you and improve our reputation with you, and I'll be sure we do so. Thank you for letting me know of this issue, and I assure you it won't happen again!

Best,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Always a nice presentation, strong pint glass drinks ($10) and an endless array of sushi and apps from traditional to special rolls (avoid the soup). Service a bit slow (and didn't get any dishes until after our food) but hey it takes time for perfection. The lobster roll and sweet potato roll are exceptional (many choices for the vegetarians! Not all raw fish!) Mai tai is out of this world- only one needed. Ambience o.k. but a fair value especially with Groupon deal.

Jin W, Manager at Sachi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

We do try to make every dish perfect, and I'm very happy to hear that you had some rolls you loved and a delicious Mai Tai to wash them down. I apologize if there was a lag in service, and I hope you'll visit us again someday so that we can try to perfect your experience. I'm confident we can do it!