“Great Little Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
southampton, ma
“Great Little Hotel”
Reviewed November 10, 2006

I was very impressed with this small hotel. The rooms were fresh and clean, bed was extremely comfortable, exercise room was adequate and food in the hotel restaurant was very good. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I am looking for another reason to stay here (huge outlet mall is 15 mins away).
Fantastic experience. Great with catering events as well.

Stayed November 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 30, 2006

My wife, 9 month old son, and I went to Boston from North Carolina for a friend's wedding. We, along with other wedding guests, stayed at the DoubleTree in Westborough (the wedding was in nearby Framingham) because of the wedding rates (and our unfamiliarity with the area).

When I booked, I mentioned that we'd be traveling with our baby, and the front desk gave us a suite. I didn't think too much of it, although the pics looked nice on their website. We got to the hotel and checked in, and I was VERY pleased with the suite. French doors to the bedroom, desk, full dining table, and living area made for a very pleasant experience. There was plenty of room to lounge, and it was nice to be able to put the baby to bed and close off the bedroom and still have the rest of the suite to enjoy ourselves and watch TV (impossible most places we stay). These suites may not be great for people who are used to them, but I was in awe over it since most suites are out of our normal 3-4 star price range.

The exterior of the hotel is nothing impressive, and neither is the lobby or hallways. It's not run-down by any means, but it's not 4-star type stuff either. There was a hockey tournament nearby for what looked to be 9-12 year olds, and it seemed like every team was also staying at our hotel. The first night, kids were running rampant throughout the property while their parents were nowhere to be found. The elevators would stop on every floor for kids playing cops and robbers, and they'd be running and shouting through the halls frequently. After what I imagine was hundreds of complaints from other guests (my wife included), the hotel did get a handle on the problem and had movies for the kids in a conference room the second night - there were no kids running rampant throughout the property. I know it's a tough spot to be in since their parents are paying customers, but it was nice to see they tried to be accommodating to all guests, even if it made some of those parents angry.

Anyway, the restaurant (Regatta) and bar were nothing to write home about, but we found the food to be pretty good. The breakfast buffet was adequate and satisfying. Service at the restaurant was extremely slow at times, but other than that, no complaints.

Overall, our stay was very good. Careful with the bottled water in the room - I accidentally opened one of those instead of one that we brought and it cost me $3.50! This wasn't even "fancy" bottled water. The wedding reception was held on the property, as was another one at the same time, and the hotel did a good job of keeping them separate and comfortable. We had a very pleasant experience at this hotel and would stay there again (hoping for the suite!!). We won't get a rate as good as the wedding one, but I'd recommend this place to most anyone in the area, whether it's business or leisure travelers.

• Liked — The suite!
  • Disliked — Hundreds of kids running rampant (although not hotel's fault and they corrected problem 2nd night)
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank william146
RI
Reviewed October 1, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for one night and found the experience to be great. I stayed on a Priceline bid ($62/night) and faxed a request of a non-smoking room w/a Queen or King sized bed a few days prior to my arrival which they granted.

I checked into the hotel and the process was smooth. They put me on the first floor towards the back but since my time in the hotel was simply to sleep for one night, this was fine with me.

The room was in excellent condition (recently refurbished) and also very spacious. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but it wasn't the size of a closet.

The desk chair is the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. I asked at the front desk and they told me it's a Herman Miller chair. I will be buying one for myself, it was pure heaven!

I had breakfast in the restaurant (tucked away past the bar) which was fine. Certainly nothing to write home about but for a hotel buffett it was acceptable.

The shower took some struggles to get it from bath to shower but eventually I got it running ok. The soap dish has no drain on it so a puddle of water collects which hopefully they can figure something out with. The Neutrogena bath products was also a plus.

The location is weird, if you aren't doing business on that road right there it's a tricky hotel to get into but again, acceptable.

Overall, the stay was great. A bit what I expected but no real disappointments.

• Liked — Room was in excellent condition
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RIGuy1024
Fort Pierce,FL
Reviewed July 10, 2004

Reserved a weekend, 2 nites at Sr Rate of $71/nite
Nice room, nice perks with Wyndham By Request,membership.
Had 2 wedding receptions in hotel and an Indian wedding that weekend, but did not interfere with stay.
Had a great dinner there Sat nite. Breakfast is a , bit pricey,but room rate made that up.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2004
1 Thank oceanvillage
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 13, 2002

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Check-in was so fast I didn't realize it was complete, and everything was as we'd requested. The room was excellent, and our breakfast, ordered from the door hanger menu was as good as it gets. This was my first time at a Wyndham hotel and I'm anxious to stay at another if the service and accomodations are always this good.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Residence Inn Boston Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Westborough

Been to Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough? Share your experiences!