“Older hotel, not bad place”

Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed here for a night, first week of April. This Hotel is older, but has done a great job keeping it up to date.
In reading prior reviews, I saw complaints of Slow elevators and bad food. I did NOT have this issue. Thought both were fine. They have a nice lobby rest-bar and ate there twice during my stay. Breakfast buffet was fine, and made to order egg station was a plus.

Only gripe, was price of room was I thought High for size, but in this part of the country, everything is high.

If you are looking for places to eat in walking distance, did not see anything, fyi.

Staff was nice here, no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Clean rooms. Staff very friendly & accomdating. The cookies were warm at check in.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I'm just back from a 4 night stay at this hotel. It was okay. I was staying for work, so my employer paid the bill. That's a good thing, because I would have begrudged spending my own money on such a mediocre location.

What I liked :
1. The chocolate chip cookies at the front desk are AWESOME. You can ask for one at any time - it's not just at check in.
2. The bed and linens were very clean and comfortable.
3. My room was very quiet - no noise from the corridor or from the room next door.
4. The fitness center is small, but if you go at the right time of night, you get it all to yourself anyway.
5. My room was a bit cold, but the heater took care of that very quickly.

What I didn't like :
1. Wi-fi costs $10. Considering that the clientele are mostly business travellers, this is a major rip-off.
2. The restaurant and bar are expensive. $12 for the breakfast buffet, $20 for a dinner plate of risotto and $10 for a glass of half decent wine. That might come from the location issue - they know that if you want to drink or don't have a car, you basically have no choice!
3. The elevators are the slowest I have ever used. Take the stairs.
4. On my first day, I opened the bottle of shampoo and the bar of soap. The maid cleaned both away the next day, but never replaced them. Not only was this really annoying, but how does it meet the hotel's green targets? Why not let me completely use what I open? Face cloths were also removed and not replaced, so I had to use hand towels for this purpose instead.
5. No safe in the room. The front desk can apparently provide portable units, but really? Easier to lock everything in my suitcase every day.

Room Tip: If you don't like traffic noise, ask for a room that doesn't overlook the front car park and...
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The rooms are comfortable and it seems they have remedied the heaters. Was there for a conference and the food they served was not that great. Many of my party complained its not up to par. Looks like the leftovers were recycled for the meals the following day. Steak became steak soup the following day, cold cuts became Italiano subs the following day.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in December 2011 and found it a very pleasant place to stay. It was perfectly located for my business and also convenient for the interstate and Mass Pike. The bed is probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the rooms were first class. The bathroom toiletries were excellent. The bar is a very pleasant place to relax, have a drink and eat dinner and the breakfast buffet was excellent.

Only small complaint was that I arrived at 10.30pm on a Friday evening and the only refreshments I could get hold of was a bottle of soda from the hotel shop.

Otherwise I look forward to my next visit

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

There are a number of good reasons to stay at this property, not the least of which is the reliability of the Doubletree brand. Westborough is a flexible location between Boston & Worcester. It is easily accessed from the junction of I-90 (the Mass Pike) and I-495. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. The bed was plush and overwhelmed with pillows. The bathroom boasted a generous assortment of Crabtree & Evelyn products and the inroom coffee maker was accompanied by Wolfgang Puck coffee. I still don't understand why full service hotels such as this one charge for internet access in the room while value oriented chains with fewer features provide it for free. The staff was pleasant and efficient everywhere we had contact with them. The restaurant offered a nice buffet breakfast (our package included it with the rate) and a bar with high priced drinks. There was a decent fitness center overlooking a nice, not so cold water pool. A fixture problem in our bathroom received prompt, successful attention from the engineer. Very impressive.
I don't know who picked the carpet for the corridor on the 4th floor, but it's positivley dizzyfying. If you lose your balance easily, don't look down while walking here.
Enjoyed the experience and would surely return to this hotel if in the area again. Especially knowing there's a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for me upon arrival.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Upon spending three nights at the Doubletree in Westborough, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're in the area. The rooms are large, although the design skimped on the bathroom space which has very little counterspace. The quality of soap, shampoo, etc. is great and the towels are generous.

My wireless Internet service in the room --- which isn't free, by the way --- was pretty poor. Each evening, the connnection dropped multiple times.

Loved the grym, which has elliptical trainers, treadmills and stationary bikes with tv consoles. Other equipment available includes a few weight machines, a plethora of free weights in varying poundage, two benches, mats and fitness balls.

The restaurant offered a fair variety of dishes (some vegetarian) and was surprisingly quite good. However, of the three nights I dined there, the service was very slow, with the wait for food (one night two bowls of soup and an appetizer) being 30 minutes on average. If you want bread while waiting, you'll have to ask for it; the waitstaff won't volunteer it.

Finally, the location is extremely isolated, with nothing but an office park around. There are no other restaurants, convenience stores or drugstores nearby. So you'll definitely want to have a car (I didn't). The hotel shuttle service is accommodating, but books quickly so you should plan ahead if you need this service

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Westborough
Residence Inn Boston Westborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester

Been to Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough? Share your experiences!