“Great convention and event hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great convention and event hotel”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed here while attending a convention, and there were other events going on continually - weddings, conferences, etc. I would not recommend it for sightseers, as it is in the middle of tech/industrial parks with nothing else around. Otherwise, it was excellent. My double room was spacious and had sufficient storage space for two people. There was a dual-cup coffee maker. The lighting was good and used "green" bulbs. The wastebaskets also had compartments for recyclables and non, but the labels were so small, I couldn't tell which was which. However, points to them for trying. The only complaint is that the bathroom vanity was tiny - not enough space for my own vanity case, let alone for two people. And, of course, since this is a business oriented hotel, the internet was not free in the room, but you could sit in the lobby and get it there. I had dinner in the restaurant and it was great. The service for our convention was also excellent - there were plenty of staff to help with moving things and accomodating special requests.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 10, 2011

worst service in a hotel restaurant ever. Unattentive servers hanging around the bar. I asked for a manager and he was sitting at the bar! Looked like a slob with no jacket. I complained that my staek tips were burnt and he just said , "Yes they are." He then asked if I wanted dessert and I said no and left the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
florencio_ferrao, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thanks for your response and we take comments from our guests very seriously. Although hearing negative feedback is never pleassant we find it invaluable in order to improve and exceed our guest's expectation.

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to food quality and customer service. We look forward to your future visits.
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I arrived at this hotel with a deeply discounted rate. As a result, I was treated like a second class guest. Free wireless and complementary breakfast were both withheld because of my rate. Otherwise this is very nice place, with friendly help.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
plunkster, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Response from Hotel Management, General Manager on11/11/11
Thank You for taking the time to provide us with feedback on our Hotel. A special Thank you for the comments on our friendly staff. We do charge our guests for internet and breakfast but we have value packages that include breakfast and internet items on the Doubletree By Hilton website. At Doubletree by Hilton we consistently try make every travelers experience comfortable and friendly. Again Thank You for your comments.
Dallas
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed at the Doubletree in Westborough, MA last week and what a strange place. My girlfriend needed to go for business and I have relatives in New England so I decided to join her. Though I knew the area a bit, I had never seen this hotel. It is located at an intersection of 2 highways, yet it is nearly impossible to get anyplace once you arrive. It is tucked away in an office park with no restaurants/shops/entertainment for at least 20-30 minutes.

The front desk was courteous but cold. The room was average, but the bed was comfortable and pillows are fantastic! It has a pool that is ok and a fitness center that needs a lot of work. They offer hot apple cider for a couple hours everyday. Apparently the glass of cider is suppose to make you forget that they are gouging you for $10 for internet!!! That's correct, $10 for internet! What year is this?????

Since you are stuck in the hotel for the most part we frequented the in-house restaurant on a couple occasions. The food is good, but pricey. The breakfast buffet is only worth the price if you are starving. I overheard another couple ask about the price and the waitress immediately took it off their bill. The bartenders, Brandon and Will, were entertaining the night we went to the bar and service was fast. Again, pricey, but food was ok. The other nights we ordered room service. Full menu available, very fast, and room service guy Tim was very helpful.

Overall it is an ok hotel, but seems to lack an identity. Maybe it's where it is located, but character was certainly missing. Functional hotel if you need to be local to it for business, but not a place I plan on seeing again.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Perfectly comfortable and a fair price. A little tricky to find off the highway, and the restaurant did not look worth the price, but the rooms themselves were fine.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The room was comfortable, clean and a great value. It was nice to have a restaurant on site although we only made use of the bar so couldn't say how the food was. Loved having coffee in the room and cookies upon check-in. The location was odd but I've never been to the area so don't know how to rate it. Didn't seem to be around anything of interest. We were visiting family nearby so it worked for us. Also seemed like a very popular place for events. There was a wedding and a bar mitzvah going on the night we were there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

After a string of iffy hotels in my travels, it was really nice to stay in such a cushy place. Love the beds and pillows! When I arrived not only did I get a cookie, but they also had hot apple cider waiting. The internet wireless is extra ($9.50) but it works everywhere so when I got hungry I did not have to leave my work- I could just trot my computer to the bar and continue working while my meal arrived!
There is a pool which I did not check out- but there is a nice little business center. You can print from your room.
My television did not work but when I called for assistance they had a person come to my room in literally minutes. I found all the staff to be really pleasant.
The only downsides are the location in the middle of an office park which means you are captive to the hotel restaurant (which is not bad actually) unless you want to go back out and navigate some highways, and oh- the carpets. What a riot- the carpets are patterned so if you walk fast they could induce a migraine. I wonder how much they paid the interior decorator who picked them out?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough
Residence Inn Boston Westborough
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough? Share your experiences!