“Wanted to like this restaurant”
Review of Tavolino

Tavolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Westborough
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Street
Description: Upscale-casual serving traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine.
Boston, MA
“Wanted to like this restaurant”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The atmosphere is nice, the service way above average, but the food - only so-so. The menu is ambitious and has some interesting choices along with pizza and pasta for dinner. We were served stale focaccia in the bread basket; the calamari was ok, but nothing to rave about. One entree, a special of clams & sausage over pasta was seasoned with saffron and was very good. The rest, again, only average. Excellent service.

• Visited August 2013

Worcester, United States
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The waiter (Alexander) remembered us from 4 month earlier and remembered what we had to eat. Very impressive. His service was excellent as before.

We had the Tuscan rustic wings. Very different. I would have never thought of these flavor together but it was very good and the dip complimented it well.

The crispy ravioli pizza was also ordered because it was so unique. Awesome choice and flavoring together. Artichoke hearts, goat cheese, tomatoes, and fried ravioli's with balsamic drizzle. Another great pizza hit here. Can't wait to try another pizza selection.

We mentioned it was our anniversary and our dessert said "happy anniversary". Very nice touch.

My experience this time was a 5 star. Based on last time I would give it a 4.5 total. The only down fall is that we will not order entrees here because of the portion size and price. Change that and it will be 5 stars.

• Visited October 2012
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Tavalinos has gone downhill something terrible. I used to go there all of the time. But, over the last six months (1-6/13), all of my visits have been poor. Mostly, it is the food that has gotten worse. For example- the bolognese had so much fennel in it, I couldn't eat it, I told the waiter who said sorry and that was it? Next time the pizza was missing an ingredient and cold, another time the bartender put sugar on the rim of my margarita and the pizza was barely warm. It's a shame but I would go somewhere else unless you don't mind paying for bad food. I haven't even mentioned how the last several waiters were very inexperienced and not prepared on the menu. Again, too bad, it used to be good.

• Visited June 2013
Massachusetts
“Average at a premium price”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant the other night for dinner and it was alright. The Tuscan nachos appetizer tasted fine but it was nothing special. The drink list was impressive and that was the best part of the dinner as far as we were concerned. I had the Veal Parmesan and would rate it prob 3 out of 5 stars, nothing special. It's not that anything was really bad it's more that nothing was really great. Service was fine with a few minor mistakes by the waitstaff which they quickly apologized for and corrected. They are located in a very large shopping center in the center of town and on a busy night parking can be a nightmare. It took many laps around the place to find a spot leaving me frustrated before I even got in the door. Overall I wouldn't go out of my way to try this place again but if I had to I might give them another shot. Just an overall mediocre experience with a premium price tag.

Visited June 2013
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“The emperors new clothes...”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

It seems like since its a trendy place and nice atmosphere, good drinks that everyone ignores the poor food. We have tried many times over the last few years and have come to the conclusion that you have to stick to salad and pizza. The pasta is ALWAYs over cooked and even my 9 year old daughter noticed the meatballs (which the are supposed to be known for) had no taste. I tried it and it was like hamburger with little else. its always sad to see a place that looks nice, not a big chain and they cant put out decent food. Those we say its good and who frequent Tavolino either dont know good food or are just fooling themeselves because they want to believe its a great spot....
I know there is a new chef, but i think it actually got worse!

• Visited June 2013