“Italian. Done wrong”
Review of Tavolino

Tavolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Westborough
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Street
Description: Upscale-casual serving traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Seated near the door when the place was empty. I ordered a house Pinot noir that was un drinkable. I told the waitress and she brought me a house Cabernet....it was the same glass of wine!

Eggplant parm not cooked evenly. Hair in my calamari...

Would never return!!!

Now I know why they are always running Groupons

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited for the first time with friends this weekend. There is a sizeable patio available for outside dining but owing to the cool weather we chose to sit inside. A BIG mistake! The noise level inside was uncomfortable to say the least. Sitting across the table from our dining companions we were unable to carry on a reasonable conversation for most of the evening. In fairness however, our server was very accommodating and the menu selections were good. If we ever return, it will be at a time when outdoor dining is possible and the bullhorns can be left at home.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times and it has never failed to please. This consistency is what makes this a great place to dine from time to time.

The food is excellently prepared with a fine degree of creativity and care. On this night we enjoyed the wild boar gnocchi, crab cakes, shrimp and scallop pasta, with a hint of pancetta and the veal marsala. All were a treat to the taste buds.

The wine list, recipient of Wine Spectator note, is not voluminous yet covers all major producing areas that will go with their menu offerings. The pricing is, in my opinion, very fair. As a matter of fact I believe is is the best priced wine list I have seen in the greater Boston area.

The service is professional, efficient, and friendly. This was especially challenging on the night we were there as the waitress had to cover tables on the patio and us as we sat inside. The service really did not suffer in any meaningful way, which can happen frequently at many other restaurants.

I only rated this 4 stars as I reserve any higher rating for the really extraordinary experiences. However , if you are looking for a restaurant that constantly delivers a high quality, enjoyable product, I highly recommend Tavolino without any reservations.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Used a groupon and it was accepted with no problem. Service was very friendly but a bit chaotic. Food was excelent. Wife had mussels starters.............loads and very tasty, could have been a main course. I had Arancini, agin big portion, three balls. Perfect, crisp on outside, yummy and soft insdie, very tasty. Main course for wife was Steak pasta, again tasty blue cheese sauce, I ahd the spicy sausage pizza. Very hot, lovely. Huge, enough for Sunday night dinner as well. Desert were nice little taster size, just right. Really liked the wine measures, the little carafes are a great idea. Did not find it too noisey, I do not like quiet restaurants where my neighbour hears all I say!
Fully reccomend and we will return. So gald the groupon introduced us to this place!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is not your quaint little Italian trattoria but food is OK if you want mainstream American Italian fares.

It is a big restaurant with chain restaurant décor, nothing quaint or typically Italian. Food is unimaginative but good. I just wanted a decent plate of simple pasta and it delivered pretty well. I can see it as a good place to bring a family out for the kids to enjoy Mac and Cheese and the adults to have standard dishes in a kids-friendly environment.

If I were taking a date out, I would look for something more charming, smaller and with more sophisticated cuisine.

Service was fast and polite and price reasonable