“Sorry to say....”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Westborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ottis Ave
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We’re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We’re casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We’re all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was a friend's guest. She had a previous good experience. I barely ate my lunch. It wasn't good. I politely told her and the waiter since it was a long drive, I realized I wasn't hungry. I asked to take it home where it was promptly put in the trash. Service was very nice. Food not so much.

1  Thank Adriane G
There are newer reviews for Not Your Average Joe's

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very good menu. Eat here with some regularity. Choose something different each time. Meals consistently good. Great choice.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We eat out quite a lot and have been to most restaurants in the greater Worcester area. Not Your Average Joe's on Route 9 in Westboro is an odd mix. It has fairly high prices, so you would expect the service to be up to match it. However, every time we've gone the service has been poor. It's not *awful* - but it's certainly not what it should be at these prices.

It's a lot of little things. You'll place an order for drinks for the people at the table and they'll get confused about details. Refills are forgotten. The service is VERY rushed as if they want to get you out the door as quickly as possible. One time a waitress asked us if we wanted dessert or coffee, and before we could even answer she went and grabbed the check and dropped it off. We were a great table too, patient, smiling, and we all tipped over 20%. But she barely refilled our waters and as we sat there she just ignored us.

The wine prices are fairly high. The dishes are fairly good - not top of the line, but also better than average.

I wouldn't take a date here. The noise level is fairly high and several times there have been screaming babies.

That also makes it hard for groups of friends. The booths are rather small and it can be hard to hear a conversation over the other people.

We keep going back because the location is convenient and the food is reasonably good. They have good salad and salmon options. But each time I'm reminded of the problems it has, and after this last time, I think I'll choose from the many other local restaurants rather than return.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

service was so bad and I was rushed the entire time and I have heard this from a friend too. Our server thought she was funny when she said I'd go for the salad to my wife since my wife said she was trying to watch what see ate...oh well

1  Thank P G
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Good food, good service, just busy always...a testimony to it being a good place.

1  Thank mrniceandgood