“Beautiful Cape Cod Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of West Yarmouth

Sponsored by:
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
93 helpful votes
“Beautiful Cape Cod Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

West Yarmouth is a great starting point to enjoy all the Cape has to offer. Located midway between both ends of the Cape and being a beautiful area makes it a perfet choice. My husband and I spent the last week of April at The Cove at Yarmouth; located in West Yarmouth, Massachusetts. I highly recommend this resort . It was perfect in every way. Units were large enough for the two of us. Service and ammenities were superb. Although it was a little too cold and blustery for me I donned my heavy coat and thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet of sightseeing this time of year has to offer. We traveled from here to both ends of Cape Cod on day trips. I believe we saw some of what the Cape has to offer. In our travels we visited Provincetown to Woods Hole and many small and wonderful Cape towns in between. Yarmouth is located about one hour from either direction.Hyannis is the next town over. Beautiful and quaint little town with lots to see. Also the home of the Kennedy Family. We spent one day in Boston. A longer time is definetly needed in Boston. You need at least 4 days in Boston to enjoy what this history rich city has to offer.
Went to Plymouth Rock and spent hours at Plimouth Plantation;which is located miles from the Plymouth Rock. Well worth a visit to both sites.
The road trip up to Provincetown along the National Seashore was breathtaking.
Woods Hole is a small quaint sea town that has much to offer for those interested in sea life. Thoroughly enjoyed the aquarium here.
We didn't get to suntan but did walk the beaches in the area. Not crowded and beautiful this time of year.
Most days we returned to Yarmouth in time for a late supper in the Yarmouth area.
The abundance of outstanding restaurants within a 30 mile radius is amazing. We love to eat, seafood being our favorite.
In our 7 days in Cape Cod we were only disappointed once at lunch. I can't even remember the name.
That being said we never left any eatery feeling hungry or dissatisfied. Below I will list details for the places we dined.
If you want a huge and hearty breakfast the KELTIC KITCHEN is a must. The portions are huge, taste great( blueberry pancakes are awesome), with low prices. We ate here twice and I couldn't eat lunch those days. Atmosphere is homey with keltic highlights. Service was fast and perfect.
ANN & FRAN'S KITCHEN is a small homey local place. The food was very good, portion sizes were average, and the service was great and very personal.
HEAVENLY 2 is directly across from the Cove. It is a nice small place to eat. Diner type fare. Portions are good size and tasty.
BAGES AND BEYOND is a small and quick place to stop. I really loved the warm, buttered, taosted blueberry and cranberry( delicious) muffins we picked up here and ate on the go. Perfect place to grab a tasty, homemade bagel or muffin along with delicious coffee.
HEARTH & KETTLE is a chain restaurant, I believe. It was a good meal but not memorable.

I have to start by saying I didn't have a bowl of untasty chowder or lobster roll at any restaurant on Cape Cod. I think I ate chowder at every meal, except breakfast!
COOKE'S SEAFOOD has very good chowder and delicious fried clams. Prices were average. It is mostly self serve. Similar to a fast food place but much tastier.
LOBSTER CLAW was located in Orleans and was very good. Excellent lobster roll here. Located aside of a fish market that had huge live lobsters!
LEGAL SEAFOOD was located in the harbor in Boston. This restaurant is high end and quite expensive. Food was superb and service to match.

FRESH KETCH is located on Main St. in Hyannis. This restaurant is superb. The scallops and other seafood are out of this world. The service is awesome and the prices are a little high but well worth it.
SPANKY'S CLAM SHACK is located on the dock in Hyannis.
We ate here twice for lunch and once for dinner. Since we ate here 3 times you can guess my opinion. Awesome everything!
SALTY'S is a bar/restaurant located down the road from the Cove. Their twin lobster dinner for under $20 was great. The service here was only average but the price was worth it.
LOBSTER BOAT is a huge place. It is not the place to eat for a quiet romantic meal. We both had the twin lobster dinners. It was worth the $20. Excellent clam chowder here.Seafare atmosphere with a very good server.
CAPTAIN PARKERS PUB was nice but not memorable. The seafood was good but not great. Very varied menu.
COLONIAL HOUSE INN is located in Yarmouth Port. It is an old Sea Captains home turned into a bed & restaurant. The decor here is very nice with food to match. Excellent seafood prepared a little different.
YARMOUTH HOUSE is Ahhhhhh. Wonderful atmosphere, service, food. Very nice place for a wonderful quiet meal that is prepared and served extremely well. We ate here our last night on the Cape and we were both very impressed.

Rochester NY
6 helpful votes
“Cape Cod in September”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We visited West Yarmouth on the Cape this September .
Although it rained quite a bit during our stay , both the drive there and the drive home were great , the directions provided by Trip Advisor were wonderful and precise! West Yarmouth is located exactly in the middle of the Cape - Hyannisport is only 2 miles down the road.
This town has great restaurants and the drive to the ferry to go to Martha's Vineyard is only 30 minutes and P-town , a 40 minute ride straight on Route 6. Nothing could be easier.

Been to West Yarmouth? Share your experiences!