“Enjoyable”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
bloomfield
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We always enjoy our stay at the Tidewater. We like the new comforter covers. One suggestion would be to replace the mattresses on the beds - too hard.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
somers, ct
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We recently stayed at the Tidewater and had a very nice stay. With two young children we were able to have a nice breakfast and head to the beach for the morning. In the afternoon it was nice to go to the playground or visit the indoor or outdoor pool. The price was right, and we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank denirae70
winthrop, ma
Reviewed August 23, 2010

seriously overpaid for this past weekend, reminded me of a welfare motel with tons of screaming barely supervised kids in the pool, none of which could swim. the pool area was grimy, there were no pool towels either day. the room, first, the lock was difficult and the door stuck, I shutter to think if there were a fire- could we get out? the room was quite dark with all the lights on. the bedding was old and poor quality. towels scratchy and small, Sunday our room finally got cleaned a 430 pm, the tv I believe was a 19 incher. the furnishing very dated, the people in the office were nice enough, much of the other staff looked questionable and we opted to keep all our valuables in the car.. got the room thru priceline and it was not even worth the 2 stars I paid for.. won't use priceline again

2 Thank patp26

Travelers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Ludlow, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The person at the front desk was great when we checked in after midnight. Made sure we got there OK. We were exhausted couldn't wait to go to bed, till I got in bed. Mattress was very hard. I could here the person next door snoring through the wall and the air cond unit was on the other side of the room. Had to go out and buy a fan to drown out the noise. Nights 2 and 3, we had noisy neighbors, and a car accident out front. We did sleep better with the fan on those 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kim92776
North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Okay, but probably wouldn't stay here again. None of the issues I ran into were that big of a deal by themselves, but when I put them all together it made for an average stay.

The good -
(1) Nice people, quick check-in and check-out.
(2) Good location - central to everything along the south shore of the Cape.
(3) Front desk guy tried very hard to help solve wi-fi issue (see "The bad" #1 below)
(4) Windows that open.
(5) Got a great deal on Expedia.com that included a $50 gas card.

The bad -
(1) I was on business, so having wi-fi is extremely important to me. The wi-fi did not work, even in the lobby. However - I was able to get the wi-fi from the HoJos next door. The front desk guy, though very nice, didn't know anything about how to resolve wi-fi issues. (He did offer to change rooms, but since I couldn't even get the wi-fi in the lobby right next to the router that wouldn't have helped.)
(2) Bed sheets only came up 2/3rds of the way on the bed. I am only 5'6" and the sheets only came up to my chest even if I scooted down as far as I could go.
(3) The a/c was freezing and you could not adjust the settings.
(4) Big unsightly cigarette burn in middle of blanket.
(5) Heard every single noise from room above me.
(6) Very scratchy towels and wash clothes (a pet peeve of mine).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lovescapecod
Manlius, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We came to the hotel because we had a family gathering on the Cape. The property was for the most part clean - but definitely needs updating. The beds were very hard! I really don't like it when hotels spray the room with some type of room freshner to get rid of the moldy smell. There is no light for the shower so it is quite dark.

It was a good family place because of the pools and the playground for the kids and It was convenient to many locations.

Next time I am on the Cape - I will try the Hampton Inn just a few doors down. I know it will be more expensive - but I know the quality of the facilities and you get a complimentary breakfast with comfortable and clean rooms!

Reviewed August 14, 2010

we've been coming to the Tidewater for years, and have never had a bad experience. The staff are super friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the food in the Diner is delicious! We travel to the Cape yearly for Figure Skating competitions, and will always stay at the Tidewater. Last year, I brought friends down for the competition, and they were so impressed with the staff that they went back to the Tidewater for their own vacation a few weeks later.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,048 reviews
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#9 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Tidewater Inn? Share your experiences!