My husband and I stayed at the Tidewater over the weekend for a quick getaway. I wanted a room with a jacuzzi tub, but since it was only for a weekend, I tried to get the most reasonable rate. All I can say is "You get what you pay for" and I overpaid at the Tidewater!
First, let me say that the staff was very friendly and professional. We checked in at 6:00 PM on Friday night. We were given a room in the building closest to the road. Since the property is located right on Rt. 28, you can hear the road traffic. I inquired about moving, however, the jacuzzi rooms are all located in that building. They were very willing to move me to another room, but, I booked the room because of the jacuzzi. The room was clean, but a little shabby. The carpeting, curtains, bedding and furniture have all seen better days. The bathroom needs a complete renovation and the vanity area is too small since they have a microwave, coffee maker and ice bucket/tray on the counter. There was so much stuff on the tiny counter, I had no where to put my toiletries. The bed and pillows were hard - I woke up with a stiff neck and back both mornings. I didn't bother to complain because short of a complete renovation, there was nothing they would have been able to do. Putting all that aside, the room was adequate for 2 nights, and I had a Jacuzzi (which is what I really wanted when I booked the weekend). However........ every time someone in the building filled the jacuzzi (including us), it sounded like the pipes were going to come crashing through the walls. Since I didn't want to disturb others, I didn't use the tub nearly as much as I wanted to. Other guests were not so considerate. On Saturday night, the couple in the next room filled their tub several time between midnight and 3:00 AM! I didn't sleep the whole time we were there.
It did not seem that the room was "cleaned" by housekeeping. The bed was made and the room was "tidied up" but the bathroom floor was not swept, the carpet was not vacuumed and the vanity area was not washed (wiped, but not washed).
The indoor and outdoor pools are clean and well cared for.
The diner was clean and convenient. The food was hot and fresh and our waitress seated us promptly and was very friendly. I think I would have to say that the diner was the best thing about this property.
The Tidewater is your typical "Old Cape" motel (not an Inn). When we left on Sunday, we drove down Rt. 6A and found lots of pretty Inns and B&B's. While they are more expensive, they are much nicer and well worth the extra charge. Rt. 6A is very scenic (rolling lawns, stone walls, historic homes), where Rt. 28 is very busy with traffic and businesses.
If you are looking for a modern, comfortable, pretty place for a weekend getaway, look elsewhere. I was very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tidewater is a family friendly hotel which is centrally located and minutes to Hyannis, ferries to the islands, beaches, golf, fishing, restaurants, and shopping. Indoor and Outdoor pools and 50's style breakfast diner (open seasonally). Rooms with refrigerators, coffee makers and some with water views. Landscaped picnic area with playground, grills and picnic tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Orbitz so you can book your Tidewater Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tidewater Hotel West Yarmouth
- Tidewater Motel West Yarmouth
- Tidewater Inn West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA