Castle Dawn Motel
$114
Hampton.com
Great 4.5/5
Bayside Resort Hotel(West Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
$120
Yarmouth Resort(West Yarmouth)
$57
$54
Good 3.5/5
Mariner Motor Lodge(West Yarmouth)
$81
$78
Good 3.5/5
The Cove at Yarmouth(West Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
$121
$101
Very Good 4/5
Tidewater Inn(West Yarmouth)
$58
Good 3.5/5
Holly Tree Resort(West Yarmouth)
$69
$59
Good 3.5/5
Hunters Green Motel(West Yarmouth)
$59
$52
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The room was clean but that's all. When you are just passing, it's ok and cheap. For staying around more than a day, i would choose an other one. Why? The electrique plog don't work well so the tv, the fridge and the micro-wave where sometimes not fonctionning or had to be one at a time. The windows shows the minerals isolant on the frame around, the hotel looks old.

The good side is when its' fonctionning, there's a fridge and a micro-wave and a mini breakfast in the morning. The receptionnist was nice too and very helpful when asked for directions around.

i like traveling and i don't consider myself very difficult with the accomodations. This hotel was ok for me and my friend but would not have been with some people i know who travel with their own sheets and pelow, if you know what i mean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We booked this hotel knowing that it was on the cheaper side and maybe not the best place to stay. Not only was it not the best but its topped our worst list. We arrived at check in at 3pm and asked if we could have a king size bed versus the Double. The owner was very friendly and a pleasure to speak with and accomodated our request stating he had to fix the shower head first. We did not mind waiting and said we would go to the beach and then come back giving him an hour or so to fix the shower. We get back to the room about 1.5 hours later to find the shower head has infact been fixed. We went to get changed and head out for the night when I started to look around and noticed the microwave was on the ground, there was no refridgerator, the iron was missing and THEN I went to use the bathroom.......I opened the lid and there was clearly feces in the bowl which was one thing....I tried to flush the toilet so that I didnt have to look at it any longer and the toilet wouldnt flush! My finace checked it out and we noticed that the toilet itself wasnt hooked up to the water supply. The small pipe that usually attaches to where you turn the water on and off was gone! So we go to the front desk and ask for a room change which was interesting. At first the owner simply responded by saying "but you saw I fixed the shower head?" We arent sure if he even realized what was going on and once we got the new room is when we noticed all of the items missing from the first room we are thinking someone may have robbed the room? or damaged it out of spite? Some of the people we saw hanging around seemed to live there full time and were less than favorable. Ohh! and then the pool is also broken and it didnt appear that the owner was planning on fixing it anytime this season. The owner seems very kind and I understand it has to be a tough business but if HE was in the room fixing the shower head how didnt he realize the toilet was broken and that both the iron and refridgerator are missing and instead place a young couple into this disgusting room. Stay somewhere else, I know we will in the future!

Room Tip: I hear the Tide Water is very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hsarnataro
Reviewed May 29, 2013

When I booked the room I was concerned. Knew it was an older Cape Cod motel and the pictures reflected that status. When I arrived the new owner greeted me. He was very friendly, and concerned with the previous reviews of the resort, particularly because this was his first season as the new owner. Please note that the pictures above are of the newly remodeled rooms and they look that stunning. For a lower cost Cape Cod resort the remodeled rooms were very comfortable and pleasant to say in. This moderate cost resort is worth the price with the remodel. In addition to the new furniture, looks like new air conditioning units as well. All in all a great stay at a small motel on the Cape.

Room Tip: All rooms remodeled under new owner for his first season, so any room would be great to stay in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our room was OK, room and beds were clean ( except I had to advise them to vaccuum behind the bathroom door). There was a microwave and fridge in the room and I always like it when a bathroom has an exhaust fan which it did. Bathroom door lock and fixtures need replacing as they were broken. Complimentary breakfast was nothing exciting (white bread bagels :() at all. Motel was far enough from the main road so it was quiet. We didn't try the pool but we saw it being cleaned in the morning and a few people were already taking a dip. Many people who wrote reviews often talk about the rooms smelling of smoke. Ours didn't, but I don't understand why hotels and motels in the US still give this "smoking option" to travellers. ALL HOTEL/MOTEL ROOMS SHOULD BE NON-SMOKING as all buildings in any North American city already are. Smoke smell is so insidious it hangs around and wafts to other rooms, even non-smoking rooms, no one is spared. I will immediately insist on another room if I were put in a room that smells of cigarettes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My fwife and I ran down to the cape for a last minute Sat night stay/pool/cocktails/dinner/early beach getaway. We typically would expect to spend 199 for a decent resort room with no reservation during very high season Saturday night...but decided to save a buck and try one of the no frills 119/night motels along route 28 in Yarmouth...hellooo Castle Dawn!

The lady behind the counter was very courteous. The room was clean but dated. There was some rust - not mold - in the ceiling frame above the tub. The room was fine and the A/C was quite and cold.

The pool was great! The free coffee was fine! The location was super! The towels were rough. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and neat. The microwave and fridge were clean and did not smell.

I would stay here again and would recommend to my mother.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple