“So so” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The studio rooms are tiny. If you get a room that's not renovated you'll have a bed that folds out from a closet. I didn't know they had hotel rooms without a real bed. Even a motel 6 had a real bed. The deluxe rooms are nice and I enjoyed it. The pools looked okay, but I didn't use them. I wouldn't call it a resort. The bathrooms don't have shampoo or body wash, just bar soap. Two TVs but only one remote. I like that every room comes with a fridge, plates and utensils, and microwave. House keeping comes by pretty early which I found annoying. And you can hear the lady's talking in the hallways from your room.

I recommend staying the deluxe one bed room. Its spacious and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jonah D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I usually stay in Brewster at a much more expensive resort simply because it has indoor and outdoor pools. The Holly Tree has indoor and outdoor pools and the rooms are just as nice...if not better. The hard wood floors are such a great design for any Cape Cod accommodations. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. We are centrally located to everything the Cape has to offer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kristin D
Newington, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

If you're using a GPS do not use Main Street as your destination but use 412 route 28 has your destination. for some reason if you don't it will bring you to Hyannis. Hotel staff: sell poop and redirecting us to the proper location. this was our first time here and we booked a week long vacation pawn on rival we noticed we do not have a bed in our room but a pull out couch and a closet bed what you needed to be put down whenever we want to use it.the room also did not have a full kitchen but only had a microwave, toaster, and a coffee maker.however the rooms were clean as well as the bathroom, and the housekeepers this is great job.Hotel does provide a cook area with grill but you must provide your own lighter fluid and coals. you may also use store for propane tanks which we used. I probably would not return only because of the size of the room nothing else.also I do not expect any type of breakfast but they do provide free coffee and tea 24 hours a day.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank rrobert349
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I traded my timeshare week and stayed at the Holly tree resort. A resort is a stretch...it's more of a hotel. On arrival the staff was friendly and helpful. Our studio room was small, recently renovated and very clean. From previous reviews I was prepared
for a room needed some updating! Grounds were clean nothing "resort like" Pools area was great. Overall a good stay, would be better with a full kitchen. We did use the grilling area which was fine!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Stephylyn1231
Canton,ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We just returned from a week at the Holly tree in W. Yarmouth. We have been owners here for over 20 years. This was only our 4th stay at Holly tree, I could never get used to the Murphy beds, we came down this year to see how the renovations came out. in past years we have exchanged our week and have done OK even though it is only a studio. I was pleased with the new look of the of the unit. The front desk people (who were very helpful) told me that the whole first floor had been remodeled. The studio is still sort of small but they have certainly done the most with the available space. With the 2 of us it was fine, I suppose with two small kids it would have been OK but I don't think 4 adults would be comfortable. Yarmouth is pretty much Mid-Cape so nothing is more than an hour away (once you get off rt 28 which was continuous stop and go ) We drove down to Provincetown to go on a whale watch and explore the city a little. We also made a trip over to The Sundae School in Dennisport which was great. We went to the Irish Pub in Harwhich for a "paint nite" where about ten people took our first painting lesson. It was very entertaining and everyone seemed to have fun, a few of the paintings came out very well. I agree with another review that the pool towels were ridiculous. We went up the street and bought two cheap beach towels. 2 or 3 of the lounge chairs at the outside pool were ripped and pretty much unusable, I don't know why they weren't removed. All in all my opinion of the Holly Tree has gone from just average to very good. They also had daily maid service which my wife liked.

Room Tip: None of the rooms were near the street as far as traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ed L
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

There are many good things at the Holly Tree but some not so wonderful. Firstly, the place is very clean and in a great location. The front desk (especially Mark and Chris) are VERY helpful and accommodating. There are 2 nice pools- one inside and one outside including a hot tub- very nice. The location is very centrally located and convenient for many parts of the Cape. So, the not so good... if you are planning a Studio room (exchange from Interval International), do NOT reserve a STUDIO room. Studios include a murphy bed (pulls out of wall closet) and a pull out sofa, both full in size. Neither is comfortable. Both have back-aching mattresses and allow for little to NO room for anything else in the room. These rooms are SMALL and cannot accommodate any more than 2 people- but not comfortably. The bathroom is typical- not very updated but serves it's purpose. The kitchen area features a small fridge, small microwave, coffee maker and toaster. Some utensils and glasses, dishes included. Do not plan to do any cooking since not allowed in the town. SMALL, SMALL, SMALL. If you are a family or couple that is looking for day trips and do everything out of your room, you have a chance. But remember sleeping is tough in these rooms.

Room Tip: No to the studio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank NJItalian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I went to this motel today with the promising pictures they showed on the site. However, upon arriving we found out that not only was the bed a fold up bed in the closet, it was full off stains and a few insects. Not unlike the carpet. I have been in bad hotels, but they were at least worth the price. The only people who felt at place at this resort were the same people who were grunting and snorting in the room next to us which was clearly audible in ours. Then again if I was with my buddies and we didn't care it would be fine. But I was with my girlfriend and I literally felt ashamed for bringing her here. If you do not care about hygiene don't feel scared off by this review. But if you prefer a bed without cum-stains and carpet full of vomit-stains, then I advise otherwise. We booked for three nights, we stayed one....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

#5 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach
Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach
#3 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Holly Tree Resort? Share your experiences!