“60's era motel that is showing its age”

Howard Johnson Inn Cape Cod Area
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is good for someone travelling america on a budget. The staff were friendly and helped when needed. The room was clean, however the bed sheets did not stretch over the fit the large king sized bed. Overall this was the best thing to allow me to travel cape cod and not have to pay expensive rate whilst doing so!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Middleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed over on the beginning of Labor Day weekend, room was inexpensive. They served continental breakfast in a.m. and had indoor/outdoor pool and spa. Great place for the money. I would definitely stay again although it could use updating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Unclean bed sheets, stained pillow cases, stained towel, sickening smell in room, washroom unusable, breakfast items stale - all at a low price. This pretty much sums up the hotel.

We checked in the hotel late night and though we were very tired because of being on the road for the entire day, my children told me that they wont be able to sleep here. The room smelled awful and the bed sheets had hair on it. I tried to call the reception but there was no dial tone in the phone. Apparently they didnt bother to plug the phone in. I walked up to the reception, and informed the youngish looking boy about the problems and asked him to come to the room. My entire family was up in arms about staying here, and it was too late for me to change the hotel, so I wanted to have him come over and address there concerns.

He agreed with the issues and immediately returned with another set of bed sheets and pillow cases. He replaced the old ones with this new set.

Upon his departure we noticed that even the new pillow case is not really clean. Also, when my kids went to the washroom, they noticed that the towel is stained. We asked them not to use it. There was no question in taking a shower as the bath tub was dirty.

It was passed midnight so we decided that we will stay here but will leave the first thing the next morning

The next morning, my 8 year old son woke up complaining of nausea. I think it was because of the smell in the hotel however I dont know this for sure. It is possible that there are other contributing elements

There was breakfast available at the hotel. The breakfast comprised of white bread, bagels, cookies, coffee, tea, milk, orange juice, raisin bran cereal, fruit loops look alike cereal, regular and peanut butter, raspberry and strawberry jam.

I was skeptical about breakfast as the bread appeared to be stale. Also my son who loves fruit loops, said that he cannot eat it as it "tastes funny". Also one of the fruit loops "looked strange color".

Oh for the jams and cream, they dont have small packets but regular sized bottles. In other words, you are expected to "share " it with all other people who will be having breakfast there. Now, I didnt see anyone in the 20 mins or so that I was in the breakfast room, who is re-dipping his/her knife in the jam but if they choose to they can. Also, there was a very strange looking, probably expired cream cheese but I decided to skip it

The breakfast room was nice though. It was well lit, spacious and clean

The hotel staff, (who I think are also the owners) are friendly.

This is a 2 storey hotel, you park your car in front of your room. Just like you do in a motel.

Based on the overall experience, I will not be staying in this hotel again. My recommendation is the same, ie dont go for the low price but avoid the hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank smhr

Travelers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Norwich, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here with my family in 2010. I got a good deal on Hotwire- and boy do you get what you pay for! The room was so dirty- stained walls & floors, the bathroom had bugs in it, the fixtures were rust stained and it smelled. I bought and used my own sheets- it was seriously gross. I can still smell it when I think about it. The pool was okay- and that is not saying much. Unless they level the place- I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and don't stay here.