“Cape Restaurant with kids”

Captain Parker's Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family friendly, full service restaurant serving fresh local seafood, choice meats and vegetarian offerings. Famous for our thick and creamy New England clam chowder. Gluten free items available.
Whitman, Massachusetts
“Cape Restaurant with kids”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Service and food was great! Prices were very reasonable and they were very accommodating to our large party with a dozen children. The chowder is well worth the trip!!

Visited April 2014

Southeast
“Truly the Best Clam Chowder”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I tried chowder at several different places, and we LOVED it! This restaurant definitely had the best we tasted. We were there in early April, so there was no wait whatsoever, but I hear that during the summer, the wait can be an hour or two. Definitely get the chowder!

• Visited April 2014
Putnam, Connecticut
“Captain Not-so-Great”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

A friend and I had got to the cape on personal business and we were directed here for great food. It was a sunny, but breezy day in May and we asked to sit outside. I asked if there was a sunny seat available, and he said "no, we have a shady seat though, with a tone clearly evident in his voice. We sat down, opened the menu, and realized we needed to get our jackets. 10 Minutes into it, still no server, or beverages offered. Finally, a pleasant server comes over, asks for our drink order. No water was served. We then place our food order. A cup of chowder, a BLT and an Lobster Roll. $16.99 lobster roll.. this thing should rock!!!!! Heck, we are on the ocean, right? The chowder was a thick, white creamy New England chowder( award winning?.. so they say), very flavorful, but not hot. I was hoping for hot, but luke-warm it was at best. The lobster roll was served with frozen half potato-french fries. They looked better than they tasted. no flavor, hence because they were frozen. The lobster roll had nice chunks of lobster, but over-killed with mayo. That was all I could taste. I couldn't finish it, because the taste was too overwhelming of the mayo. My friend enjoyed her BLT, mostly because the bread was toasted just enough not to cut the roof of her mouth open. Over all this place was not all its cracked up to be. Perhaps being there for so many years gives it permission to be lax in service etiquette and fresh food. Won't go back.

Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States
“Best Chowdah!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was my first trip to the Cape and we ate at Captain Parker's 3 times in 5 days! I have never eaten chowder and had to try it. It was wonderful! I also had never had a lobster roll and it was delicious as well. There was a ton of lobster and the bread was nicely toasted. We also had the fried shrimp which was very good. Very nice atmosphere and friendly staff. I really hope to make another trip back to the cape one day and this will definitely be my first stop.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed in the area for 3 nights and visited this restaurant on 2 of the nights and regretted we didn't go the 3rd night.
The food is fantastic and although it's very crowded and both nights we had to wait for a table, the service is very friendly and efficient.
Our party of three all had lobster which was superb and very good value for money.
If you like seafood then this place is a must.