“Barely average food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
New York, NY
“Barely average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I really hate writing scathing reviews, but the food here was just barely edible. Greasy, greasy fries, onion rings and an exceptionally tasteless deep fried piece of cod were good enough for our famished group to devour, but I definitely wouldn't go back. The staff was perfectly friendly, but the restaurant had a down at heels feel to it. I gather it has changed hands a fair bit lately - I hope the current owners are in the process of turning things around.

Visited August 2013

Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovskaya obl., Russia
“Great food, friendly service, cape cod must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Been there quite a few times! Love the food and atmosphere of a great family restaurant. If you want the freshest seafood - Cape Seafood is your choice! We had friend clams and hamburgers, everything was great! Next time on Cape - this is the first place to visit..

• Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We are there the other day and had a lovely meal. Quantities are not quite as large as the Original Seafood Restaurant in Dennis, but was still great quality, decent pricing and speedy food! We had the fried seafood platter, which comes with friends and rings, and was delicious.

Would definitely go again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Orlandogal307
Tokyo, Japan
“New owner - new paradise! What a seafood heaven...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place just makes you wanna sing! Such delicious and straight forward seafood!!! Coming to the Cape from time to time, I usually try this place as it is very coneviently located and has easy parking. The name changed a couple times and I have say that I used to love it so much but then about about a good year ago, the quality was not what I had been used to in the years before.
However, I gave it another chance since I noticed their name changed to "Cape Seafood" (from formerly Golden Boy) and WOOOOW! ...now and this time, this summer 2013 it just blew me and my friends off positively. We were a party of 9 people and everything was served quickly, freshly - and just yummy. I couldn't resist to ask at the counter what all of a sudden changed so much in comparison to previous year. And it seems it is a new owner now. What a difference that can make the place still looks familiar and nicely simplistic as before with big windows and lots of natural light but the food is just sooo outstanding. Living currently in Tokyo, I have high demands to seafood - and this one is right up there. Wish I could have one of those in my town, too. Such good quality, straight forward, no fancy-dancy extras, just the great yummy food in a pleasant atmosphere!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Luxuryboy72
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“The Best is Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Giannetos Family made the Kream n' Kone Restaurant in Chatham famous for amazing seafood for ten years. After losing their lease in Chatham, the Giannetos Family just purchased the former Golden Boy Restaurant and are open for business as Cape Seafood every day!

Those who remember how great the seafood used to be at the Golden Boy before the original owner Socrates retired 2008, will think they are experiencing flashbacks to those delicious times just as I did on my first visit to Cape Seafood.

I was a fan of both the old Golden Boy and the old Kream n' Kone and now I can be happy all over again because that great taste is back. I stayed away for the past couple of years, but now I am back as a regular again, just as I was for the first 30 years at Golden Boy.

Another great thing is they have brought in all new staff including some who worked with them at their Chatham Restaurant. It is a friendly place again and it is a pleasure to be there.

• Visited May 2013