“Soooo Good”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Massachusetts
“Soooo Good”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Ann and Fran's has been here practically for ever.
I rarely have a big breakfast, but when I do, Ann and Fran's has set the standard for which all breakfasts must measure up to.

They only have around a dozen tables plus counter service.
Service is generally fast, however it seems to take a while for the food to come out.
Perception because I was starving or reality because practically everything is cooked to order.
They seemed to constantly be moving together and separating tables for parties of 2,4 or 6.

The blueberry pancakes= amazing. Three 1/4" pancakes loaded with blueberries!

I broke the mold and did not order an omelet, going with a special of Challah French Toast with bananas and pecans ( w/out the pecans). Three sizable slices that honestly did not look like much at first, but I had to struggle to finish.

Waitresses were prompt, polite and attentive.
Coffee was good, hot and didn't have to ask for a refill.

Expect to wait out front, but it will be worth it.
I recommend splitting up a party of 4 to get seated faster.

• Visited September 2013

NH
“Best Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Fresh picked veges went into my vege omelet (saw the young man come in the back door having just picked them) which was LOADED with those fresh picked veges. The best vege omelet I've ever had. My husband was hard pressed to finish his eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes. The staff are down to earth, unpretentious, local people, who are just concerned with seating, serving and feeding their customers. Of course they don't allow food and beverages in from other establishments...how many restaurants do? These people work hard, serve excellent food, large servings and do it with smiles on their faces. We were moved around from table to table to accommodate the fluctuating crowd, my husband wound up with a armful of waitress when one stumbled...never a dull moment in that place. We'd go back in a flash. I understand there's no charge for the entertainment.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank B&BNH
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Yum”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great tasting food, walking distance to hotel, great value, friendly staff...worth a visit every time I am on the Cape

Visited August 2013
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Silly rules, decent food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went on a busy Sunday morning and had to wait quite a bit to eat. The servers in general could definitely use some customer service training. We weren't allowed to bring in outside beverages , which was frustrating considering that we went to get coffee specifically because there was a wait . The restaurant also was unaccommodating to splitting the check on multiple credit cards. The food also took an unusually long time considering that it was breakfast. If you can get beyond the service and atmosphere issues, the food is actually pretty decent.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“The best breakfast place”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Loooved this place for breakfast during our Cape stay. We walked there every morning. Nice home cooked breakfast, eggs to die for, toasts so tempting...The server was the cutest lady, very nice and quick. Recommend this place to everyone. I want to go back there already as I am writing this review.

• Visited July 2013