“Bad Bad Bad”
Review of Lobster Boat

Lobster Boat
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in West Yarmouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Lobster Boat has been serving affordable family meals to locals and visitors for over 30 years. We are open for lunch and dinner from noon daily and serve the freshest and finest local seafood from our own Fish Market located on the premises.Our unique casual waterfront seafood experience allows you to enjoy our Cape Cod style outdoor waterfront dining pier or our protected enclosed dining room, both situated on scenic Parkers River overlooking the Marina.We feature daily and weekly specials and offer cocktails, wine and delicious refreshing frozen drinks from our boat bar. Our menu includes favorites like our homemade onion rings, Lobster Boat Combo, 3 lb. Lobster and Cape Cod Platter.Our continued success is based on providing our customers with quality, value and unsurpassed hospitality in a true Cape Cod waterfront setting. We thank you for joining us and hope you enjoy your experience and come again.
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We stood at the reception desk for ten minutes. Our server went on and on about how she does not recommend the crab cakes and that she if from the south. We ordered soup, salad and lobster and food for the kids and before she ran off I made sure that we were served the soup and salad first! She questioned at first like she was confused and I again told her "make sure you bring out the soup and salad before the entree" She said "gotcha" The food did not really take too long to come out but guess what? They brought it all out at once. I was upset and told her that she screwed up! I asked to talk to the manager. A few minutes later a "stout" lady came over and quickly stated that they do not "comp" food off the bill, it was a servers mistake and that she was not going to do a thing. I quickly saw where this was going fast and my only reaction was to tell her to get out of our faces and leave us alone then. I got the bill and of course did not tip the challenged southerner server. We went over to pier 1 for desert and told them the story. The said "ah yes... the tourist-trap!" The owner told me to call "Nick" the owner of the Lobster Boat and complain. I did try to call Nick but he must of been too much of an weener to pick up the phone. So... If you want a weird unprofessional expensive dining experience, go to the Lobster Trap! Oh I meant the Lobster Boat.

2  Thank rochfam

Reviewed August 20, 2009

I was at The Lobster Boat TONIGHT! My daughter orders a dish @ market price of scallops, shrimp, small lobster and after she gets 1/3 of the way through it what is stuck to the fried food? A DISCUSTING LONG DARK MATTED HAIR! We hadn't seen the waitress since the food had been served and could not find her. I asked a bus boy for the Manager. The female manager came over and apologized and that was it. The food was taken off the bill however EVERYONE in our party lost their appetite. There was no complimentary dessert offered and no real concern over the issue.
I went to the front desk to speak with the owner, who the waitestaff told me was in the kitchen and all of a sudden the manager who previsouly spoke with me said he was GONE! Yup! Gone like the wind. Obviously thought we were tourists and just wouldn't be back and he didn't care.
Believe me, I will spread the word about the TERRIBLE service and how the situation was handled so poorly. We paid the remainder of our bill and left next to nothing for a tip. The Lobster Boat should have some training in customer service and the owner should NOT be a coward!

1  Thank AbraLee
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Great food, Amazing 3 pound Lobsters, Great Cocktails, Waterfront dining, and Great service! What more could you ask for on Cape Cod! The Chowder was great, the Lobster Bisque even better. Our waiter and waitstaff were wonderful and very attentive in this very busy restaurant. I highly recommend this place-although with no reservations accepted, you better get there early for dinner!

1  Thank MDibo
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The first place that I really liked the food. It was hot and delicious. These are two of my favorite combinations. The service was not so good. The waitress acted like she didn't want to be there. They over charged me for my plate. They also did this to another couple on tour with us. The clam chowder was SO good! The best out of three other places that we tried it. It is extremely flavorable. We also had the chicken strip dinner and shrimp plate. All of the food was good. Wish the service was better and they would have charged us correctly.

1  Thank southernchelz
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Sign outside advertises Twin Lobsters for $19.95. FALSE ADVERTISING
Received 2 tiny lobsters with 1 claw missing each. Never in my life have I ever been sold twin crippled lobsters.

Was told that "oh, you want a lobster with both claws", that's $4 more. I said OK.

Heavy-set restaurant manager comes out from kitchen and yells at me that the twins are a better deal and that I should just eat them. Manager tells me that I should have read the menu where they indicate their lobsters are "culls". I.e. they steal one claw and use for their lobster rolls and steal from the customer. I told her that I didn't read the menu, and that I came in based on their sign outside.

Sent the lobster back and they come back out with 1 (one) single, chicken lobster with 2 claws...and that's $24.95. Sent it back and walked out the door.

You've been warned.