“Perfect”
Review of Yarmouth House

Yarmouth House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The roots to this Cape Cod landmark trace their origins back to the old country and follow a route through Canada before settling in along Route 28. The Yarmouth House Restaurant was founded in 1978 by the Kounadis family patriarch, Gerry Kounadis. Born in Kefalonia, Greece, Gerry immigrated to Canada with his lovely wife, Vasiliki, in 1951. There, he operated a very successful diner in Montreal for over 35 years. His dream was to expand and open another restaurant in the United States. In 1978 he founded The Yarmouth House and he knew he had found a diamond in the rough. He brought with him his three children to help run the restaurant. With hard work and dedication, the restaurant became one of Cape Cod’s favorites, as it remains today.In August 2006, Gerry Kounadis passed away, but his presence is still felt every day in the restaurant. He left behind memories of his great sense of humor, positive attitude, accommodating demeanor and his famous welcoming smile. Today, his son Chris runs the kitchen along with other very talented chefs like Gary Sprague and Amir Ahari. The dining room is run by his son-in-law, Ted Zambelis, and his daughter Angie, who try hard to keep up the family’s goal of remaining a restaurant with the finest food at reasonable prices in an inviting and friendly atmosphere. The family owns and operates DiParma Italian Table on Route 28 in W. Yarmouth as well as our newest location, DiParma Italian Table, Seekonk, MAWe want to take this opportunity to thank all our patrons, especially the many supportive Cape Cod residents who have kept us in business for over 31 years.Thank you and God Bless
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is the best sea food I've visited. I ordered a Salmon. Wow it was delicious but very expensive.

1  Thank Hosain S
There are newer reviews for Yarmouth House

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Yarmouth House is "one of the best" restaurants anywhere. The atmosphere, the service, the drinks, the food....it can't be beat. The menu changes sporadically and, for the past couple of years, we've enjoyed the Garlic Mussels Over Linguine after a perfectly prepared Caesar salad. We enjoy the main dining room in front of the windows, always request seating there, and have never been disappointed. This has been our go-to restaurant for forty years. When my husband retired a few years ago, his office staff presented him with a gift card to The Yarmouth House....which says it all. Easy parking, rarely a wait if you've made reservations, and an all-around good dining experience.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This restaurant had some good reviews here for its fish and seafood, so we decided to give it a try.

The hostess greeted us and we were brought to our table immediately.

The decor is upscale, and it's focus point is a charming Mill Wheel churning with water by the front window.

Our server took our drinks promptly, and upon her return, took our food order.

We chose the Super Haddock & Chips, and, the Lobster Salad Sandwich, the latter being their "famous" dish.

Unfortunately, this is where our pleasant experience ended. The haddock was very soggy and the breading very mushy. It was not an enjoyable plate. The restaurant's signature dish, the lobster salad sandwich, was regrettably served on a mass produced flavourless soft bun, and was mostly mayo & celery with a smattering of lobster meat. More of a beachside snackbar sandwich, in terms of quality and taste. I would not recommend it.

Our mains and a few sodas amounted to about $50, plus tax and tip. Given what we received and it's inferior quality, preparation and taste, we would not consider this a good value overall.

Despite our positive expectations, the reality of Yarmouth House does not allow for us to recommend this restaurant. We would therefore suggest you look elsewhere for a good meal in an upscale setting.

If you thought this review was comprehensive and useful, please click "Yes, Helpful" to let me know. We rely on trip advisor for honest, thorough reviews before trying new hotels, restaurants, attractions (etc) and leave feedback accordingly for others :)

6  Thank TravellingTFP
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I just cannot explain how fantastic this establishment is, you really have to experience it yourself. I had the seafood bisque which was out of this world good. For an entree I ordered the broiled scallops and they were hands down the best scallops I have ever had in my life. They were a good size and done to perfection. They came with rice and brussel sprouts, also delicious The bread is served with infused olive oil, which my husband and I always prefer over butter. The atmosphere and ambiance is classy and beautiful. Also, I have been carrying around a special Trip Advisor pin for about 3 months that you give to someone for exceptional service. Well I finally felt that someone truly deserved this pin and it was our server, Bill. He was friendly, gave excellent suggestions when asked and professional, top notch all the way around. It is a little bit expensive, but worth every penny. I would go back there in a heartbeat!

2  Thank dmhufnagel
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

4 of us visited the yarmouth house on a Tuesday evening. The hostess was not the warmest! Our waiter was very good and attentive!
We sat by the waterfall next to the windows. Very comfortable.
The drinks were somewhat expensive. The meals were good although I got sick during the night with vomiting and the sweats after eating baked stuffed sole, not sure if the food had anything to do with it, but it didn't sit well with me.
My friends enjoyed their dishes with no issues! The total bill came to $150 a bit steep for what we got!

Would like to try the yarmouth house again, I would just order something else.