“Always a great meal”
Review of Yarmouth House

Yarmouth House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The roots to this Cape Cod landmark trace their origins back to the old country and follow a route through Canada before settling in along Route 28. The Yarmouth House Restaurant was founded in 1978 by the Kounadis family patriarch, Gerry Kounadis. Born in Kefalonia, Greece, Gerry immigrated to Canada with his lovely wife, Vasiliki, in 1951. There, he operated a very successful diner in Montreal for over 35 years. His dream was to expand and open another restaurant in the United States. In 1978 he founded The Yarmouth House and he knew he had found a diamond in the rough. He brought with him his three children to help run the restaurant. With hard work and dedication, the restaurant became one of Cape Cod’s favorites, as it remains today.In August 2006, Gerry Kounadis passed away, but his presence is still felt every day in the restaurant. He left behind memories of his great sense of humor, positive attitude, accommodating demeanor and his famous welcoming smile. Today, his son Chris runs the kitchen along with other very talented chefs like Gary Sprague and Amir Ahari. The dining room is run by his son-in-law, Ted Zambelis, and his daughter Angie, who try hard to keep up the family’s goal of remaining a restaurant with the finest food at reasonable prices in an inviting and friendly atmosphere. The family owns and operates DiParma Italian Table on Route 28 in W. Yarmouth as well as our newest location, DiParma Italian Table, Seekonk, MAWe want to take this opportunity to thank all our patrons, especially the many supportive Cape Cod residents who have kept us in business for over 31 years.Thank you and God Bless
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I and my family vacation every summer on the Cape, and one of our highlights is visiting the Yarmouth House for dinner. This place is consistently excellent, both the service and the quality of the food. This year, my daughter and I both got the Chicken Parmesan, which is a huge, thick chicken breast coated with panko bread crumbs (which makes a difference as opposed to regular bread crumbs) served with perfectly cooked al dente pasta. My only issue was that there wasn't enough red sauce for my or my daughter's taste, but that was quickly rectified by our excellent waiter George, who promptly brought us extra sauce.

My wife got the Chicken Risotto, which was fantastic (I kept picking at it), while my son got the 10-ounce Prime Rib, which was cooked perfectly, with very little fat. We wanted to get dessert because the menu looked fantastic, but the huge entree portions left us too full. One of the many things we like is the fresh bread served with a garlic & herb-infused oil, and I'm not even a bread person.

The Yarmouth House is a bit pricey (but well worth it), the wait can be long on weekend nights, and the large menu selection can be a bit overwhelming for newbies, but you won't find a better restaurant in the Yarmouth area.

1  Thank Dan C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had the lobster, and it was perfect. Our wine was one we don't typically find in a restaurant (Nobilo, New Zealand) and it was cold, cold...read that as perfect to us. It was our last evening, after a week, on the Cape, and we definitely chose the right place to end a wonderful week.

1  Thank Jeanne A
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived on a rainy night around 530pm and had the most wonderful service, food, and the atmosphere was incredible. The owner even made an appearance at our table. Our server Tim was very attentive to our needs and was very knowledgeable about the menu. He made our dining experience memorable. In addition to Tim, the chef who prepared our duck and prime rib was incredible. Lastly, our drink "the blue wave" (for 2) is highly recommended for those who want a taste of the island life. Best experience of the week and a Cape Cod must!!! Thank you for everything :-) We are two very full, happy customers and can't wait to return! Teddy and Angie you have a gift for customer service and for making us feel like we are eating in Italy!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I tried a variety of dishes, the lobster ravioli was delicious, the clam chowder was worth the visit and the atmosphere was very inviting and comfortable. Definitely a place to consider while visiting the Cape.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Despite the negative reviews about the hostess and wait staff, my husband and I decided to take a chance and eat here anyway. Boy are we glad we did! Right from the start the hostess was friendly and sat us quickly, even stopping to think before placing us at an indoor table, she instead decided on a better table and sat us on the de k by the water wheel. Our waiter Peter was both attentive and helpful, offering us opinions on the best dishes to order. While we ate at 7 pm on a Friday (one of their busiest times) we never felt rushed or ignored. The owner even stopped by the table to check on us. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was wonderful. We will definitely be back on our next vacation!