Back from a relaxing short break at Green Harbor Resort. It is a beautiful spot with great views over the water, a wonderful beach and manicured grounds. Great thought has gone into the outdoor and indoor facilities and amenities with almost everything imaginable provided. There is a nice park on the beach and the outdoor pool was great. Our eldest enjoyed the kids club playing mini-golf, making t-shirts and beading key fobs, going to the pool, playing ball. NB there is no indoor facility for kids at this resort in the event of rain, however you are free to use the kids clubs and services of the sister resorts. We went to Bonkerz, a soft play centre on route 28, great alternative for rainy days.
We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the studio efficiency for 2 booked (we had been advised the studio might be cosy with 2 adults and 2 young children) comparable to an average hotel room with the added bonus of catering facilities and a sofa bed which was roomy enough for our 4 and 2 year old with all the resort facilities thrown in.
The only issue with the room was the musty, damp, unused smell which greeted us on arrival. While the cleanliness and presentation couldn't be faulted, the off-putting smell permeated the curtains, cupboards, drawers and the bed linen. We thought this might go away after being 'lived in' a couple of days, however when this wasn't the case mentioned it to the Front Desk. We were moved instantly to a different property with breath taking views which was greatly appreciated. A big thank you to Star for organising so promptly and effortlessly.
Other minor negatives. We could really have done with our phone in the studio to have been working on the first day of our stay as we had had an incident back at home and needed to be contactable and the cell reception blipped at times. This was addressed on the second morning (after calling around at 8.55pm the night before when I was in the bath by which time my husband had picked up a charger for the cell from the 7-11). The audio on the TV would go off intermittently although understand these sets are to be upgraded shortly. Not a big deal, spent little time watching TV in the room. The bikes are a great idea, however we would thoroughly recommend testing them before taking them out. The one brake on our eldest son's bike failed when we were going downhill one of the side streets, thankfully only a couple of scrapes and scrages. Star to the rescue again!
We loved Pirate Cove and Keltic Kitchen (Big How are ya to Evie!) on the Route 28. Stop and Shop great for fresh produce and meat/fish for BBQ, the 7-11 is closer to the resort for essentials and Luke's Likor for an amazing selection of beers and wines. The high speed ferry to Martha's Vineyard we felt was a little overpriced and the pirate boat trip would have been better suited to the needs of our little pirates!!! Giordano's restaurant very good, empty plates all round. You really need a car for this holiday as the town is quite sprawling.
The minor negatives aside, on the whole, this was a relaxing break and would return in lower season in a higher spec property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family cottage colony with 50 units ranging from one-room efficiencies, one and two bedroom townhouses, two bedroom suites and three bedroom cottages accommodating up to 10 people comfortably. Green Harbor is situated on a seven acre waterfront parcel on Lewis Bay with Mill Creek on its eastern border. With every amenity a family would need to enjoy a most memorable adventure, the resort features a private beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, outdoor heated pool, playground, miniature golf, basketball, shuffleboard, as well as boats,canoes and bikes. There are no restaurants on premise, as all guest units have fully equipped kitchens. The resort is less than five minutes drive to Hyannis' popular Main Street. Green Harbor is the perfect setting for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or reunion party. Kids' Club, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities. Open from mid May until mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Green Harbor on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Harbor On The Ocean Hotel West Yarmouth
- Green Harbor On The Ocean West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA