My family (husband, 20 year old daughter and 23 year old son) took 5 days to relax on the cape. Green Harbor was a perfect place. We were all able to fit in one unit because it had a queen size Murphy bed, a double and a single bed, in addition, it had a full kitchen so we were able to sleep in and eat breakfast (and lunch) together.
The resort has a lovely pool and a small but beautiful beach. We opted for the beach because there were lots of little kids at the pool and my "kids" are grown up. There was a creek just behind our unit that leads to the bay and then to Nantucket sound so the water was calm and lovely. We were able to take our Kayaks for an easy paddle around the creek and look at some lovely homes and scenery.
My only complaint is that I wish I had known about this place when my kids were little.
If I were to improve the place at all, I would place either ceiling fans in both rooms of the unit or add an air conditioning unit in the bedroom of our unit. It got a little warm in there if you closed the door at night.
The cabin we were in was cleaner than any hotel room I've ever stayed in. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Our room was cleaned daily, trash removed, beds made, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family cottage colony with 50 units ranging from one-room efficiencies, one and two bedroom townhouses, two bedroom suites and three bedroom cottages accommodating up to 10 people comfortably. Green Harbor is situated on a seven acre waterfront parcel on Lewis Bay with Mill Creek on its eastern border. With every amenity a family would need to enjoy a most memorable family adventure, the resort features a private beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, outdoor heated pool, playground, miniature golf, basketball, shuffleboard, as well as boats,canoes and bikes. There are no public restaurant facilities on premise, as all guest units have fully equipped kitchens. The resort is less than five minutes drive to Hyannis' popular Main Street. With its spacious cottages and Cape Cod villas, Green Harbor is the perfect setting for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or reunion party. Kids' Klub, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, fun clowns, fishing derbie and magic shows. Open from mid May until mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Green Harbor on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Harbor On The Ocean Hotel West Yarmouth
- Green Harbor On The Ocean West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA