I have come to expect an excellent product from Red Jacket, however Green Harbor has once again exceeded my expectations. The staff is so warm and friendly, you get the feeling that your spending time at a friends guesthouse.
The rooms are not meant to be luxurious just homey, well appointed, and immaculate. The kitchen has all you need to cook if your so inclined. Need an extra large pan, a blender, a few more dishwashing tabs, make a call and it will be at your door in minutes. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are beyond clean. The pool is basic ,clean and heated to about 85 degrees, plenty of lounge chairs and umbrella tables. The beach is in a bay the water is calm, there is a playground and swings for the kids, shade and rocking chairs for the adults.
I have been visiting this resort most every year since 1984. I have been here with friends, with family and young grandchildren, somehow this works for all groups. Everything you need to eat in, very good restaurants near by .
All staff from office to housekeeping to handyman seem to take such great pride in this resort, they make you feel so welcome and I notice they work so well together , resulting in seamless service.
If your looking for glitz this may not be your cup of tea. If you are looking for a great location and wonderful beach vacation this is the place to try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family cottage colony with 50 units ranging from one-room efficiencies, one and two bedroom townhouses, two bedroom suites and three bedroom cottages accommodating up to 10 people comfortably. Green Harbor is situated on a seven acre waterfront parcel on Lewis Bay with Mill Creek on its eastern border. With every amenity a family would need to enjoy a most memorable family adventure, the resort features a private beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, outdoor heated pool, playground, miniature golf, basketball, shuffleboard, as well as boats,canoes and bikes. There are no public restaurant facilities on premise, as all guest units have fully equipped kitchens. The resort is less than five minutes drive to Hyannis' popular Main Street. With its spacious cottages and Cape Cod villas, Green Harbor is the perfect setting for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or reunion party. Kids' Klub, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, fun clowns, fishing derbie and magic shows. Open from mid May until mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Green Harbor on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Harbor On The Ocean Hotel West Yarmouth
- Green Harbor On The Ocean West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA