I coordinated a weekend getaway with 5 other couples for March 1-3. I required help after I made the reservations all in my name on the computer. I called and I was received by a helpful woman who answered my questions and more. Upon check in, as I entered the door and walking up to the desk, the man right away said "Hi may I help you?" What I didnt' like about that is I was just 4 steps in the door and there were other people in the lobby, too. I felt that just the opposite of what he may have been going for. There was confusion with the other rooms and the billing. The gentleman was polite, not overly friendly, but when someone from our group went downstairs on the problem, she said he was not pleasant to her and she was mad. Our Townhouses were great! Very nice. BUT the downfall on the place is the heating. There is not any happy medium. Downstairs would be cold so you would turn up the heat but then the upstairs would be a sauna. One of our groups room, the heating did not work the first night and they froze til the morning when someone was called to come fix it and they promptly did. Another down fall is the parking and the routes to your rooms. There's no easy way to many of the rooms and the hall ways are hard to navigate. The pool was very nice. No complaints. We visited the restaurant on Friday night. Much nicer than I was expecting after reading many bad reviews from 3 other sites. I had given my party a heads up to not expect much and was pleasantly wrong. The service for 11 of us was all on one waitress. She did very well, but maybe that's because it was very slow that night. The next night they had karaoke and the place was jamming, Friday night they had an acoustic guitar/singer who was nice and had a huge repitroir. If he is ever there when you are, please tip him as his tips go to a local charity. We ordered pizzas for all of us which was good, but they must have only one oven because they came out one at a time with much time in between.
The Cove was really enjoyed by my group and no real major complaints. It was off season so I am sure in the summer, the place is hopping. We didn't take advantage of the sports building that had impressive activities. We would like to all go back again in June if we can arrange it before the rates go up.
About 2 weeks after we had been home, I got a call from The Cove asking about a hairdryer that they found in one of the rooms and they thought it might belong to someone. Sure enough, it was left behind. I never spoke to her after that because I had the person who left it call but I was appreciative they they would call.
I would say go to The Cove. One of the nicer hotels in the area that is close proximity to many Cape activities.
Forgot to mention.....we found the place to be very clean. Exceptional actually. We kept looking around our rooms and found no dust or anything that shouldn't have been there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Cod's premiere resort warmly invites you and your family to experience the charm of New England. Stroll through the antique shops in the quaint villages of Cape Cod, walk among the dunes and sample some of the finest "Chowdah" Cape Cod has to offer. Whale watching, day trips to the famous islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, fishing, bike riding, sailing and quiet moments await you here on Cape Cod while staying at The Cove at Yarmouth ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Cove at Yarmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove At Yarmouth Hotel West Yarmouth
- Cove At Yarmouth West
- Cove Ma Yarmouth
- Cove At Yarmouth Hotel West
- Cove Yarmouth
- The Cove At Yarmouth West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA