“Consistently the Best Place to Stay on the Cape!”

Bayside Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxford, MA USA
“Consistently the Best Place to Stay on the Cape!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

Bayside Resort Hotel offers wonderful specials for those quick getaways, or for extended stays. From free appetizers in their pub on the weekends during high season, to the free 'continental' breakfast everyday, it's these little 'extras' that make this place special! Guests are friendly, and conversations flow easily, because this resort has done such a terrific job of making it feel 'homey'! No-one hassles you if you take a cooler full of soda cans, a take-out pizza and snacks, and park yourself by one of the pools, which open early and closes late! One of my favorite things about the Bayside is their Tiki poolside Bar, which is open during the warm weather; they offer reasonably priced cocktails, and great luncheon fare, such as burgers & hot dogs, also reasonably priced! You really have no reason to leave the property, if you so choose! They are centrally located on the cape, with quick access to major routes, so it makes getting around a snap! One of our favorite restaurants, Giardino's is only a couple minutes walk from there! We always enjoy our stay ...so much so that it's one of the reasons that I filled out Cape Cod Life magazine survey last year and voted it the best place to stay on the Cape! I am always telling friends and family that if they need a place to stay on the Cape, it should definitely be at the Bayside Resort Hotel! For me, it's like staying with friends, because I always feel relaxed and recharged by the time I leave, even when it's only for a 2-night getaway! And when my husband took me for an overnight for my birthday in January, it was such a wonderful surprise to walk into my room and find balloons and a gorgeous single rose, with birthday wishes from the hotel staff (note: he did not 'clue' the staff in that it was my birthday)! Such a CLASSY touch!

The rooms are always spotless and NEVER have that stuffy, moldy, 'hotel-room-smell', & there's an in-room refrigerator & coffee maker, a spacious room and big bath that's stocked with nice toiletries! The staff is the epitome of professionalism, and the overall cleanliness of the facility is consistently excellent! And that includes indoor/outdoor pools, hot tub, sauna, and public rest rooms.

I look forward to staying there again this summer, and throughout the remainder of the year! I have stayed at this resort at different times over the past 3 years, and have never had anything but a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Norton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

The beach and pool at the back of the property make it great! You forget you are right on Rte 28 in the heart of everything. The rooms were spacious and clean. Best showers I have ever experienced in a hotel. An adequate breakfast and very friendly staff complete the package.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Namur, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

The staff was very nice and very helpfull. The place is great, swimming pools very nice and very clean. The breakfast which is included in the price (not often the case) was realy nice. We had a really great stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

I was really expecting to find some old run down, water stained building with 400 employees that spoke every language but English when we arrived. We were greeted with a smile and taken care of so quickly, I was shocked!
We did have a problem the first night with noisy children and un-qualified parents, but the staff jumped on that right then and there. I was still at the desk when the night supervisor corrected that. We were offered a new room in a quiet corner that overlooked the beautiful waterway and beach set up in back of the hotel. The rest of the stay was quiet and relaxing.
We had just spent the night before at a so called 4 star hotel; that hotel could use some education from the staff at the Bay Side!
I wish my friends at the Bayside Resort all the best, and thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Whitman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

We called and went to Bayside on a whim Memorial Day weekend. From the very phone call we made to place a reservation, the service was excellent. The same woman greeted us when we arrived, and it was like she was welcoming us into her home. She was friendly and courteous and knew all about the area, sharing all of that with us proactively.
The room was very clean and accomodated two adults and two pre-teens.
On Memorial Day weekend, the Cape hosts a soccer tournament. Bayside's pool was big enough that my kids enjoyed swimming even though there were many kids their age swimming at the same time. Moby Dick's is a cute little bar across the hall from the pool with a friendly bartender.
Also, there is a beach a mile down the road, but it was a bit chilly for the beach when we went. The outdoor pool was open, also and had a sand volleyball court.
The continental breakfast was also very good, and had ample areas for people to sit and enjoy their food.
All in all, we had a ball and will be returning! Hopefully soon!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Flo Mo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

There is a Hampton Inn and a Motel 6 right across and down the street from this hotel and I strongly recommend you stay there. Out of our 7 hotels visiting the New England area, this was the worst hotel we got!! They couldn't give us a king bed without charging an extra $25.00 per night and the air conditioner did not work well, NO ELEVATOR!! Be mindful of that with having to schlep luggage up and down the stairs. Hot in the hallway and stairwell areas.
WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!! I love the New England areas as we had a great experience everywhere else we stayed and all the places we saw. New Englanders couldn't be more pleasant!!! Really enjoyed them!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RHR1966
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

was very impressed with the hospitality, the cleanliness and the child friendly atmosphere of your resort. We had a great time I would definitely come and stay there again and recommend it to my friends. I also want to especially thank (Carol) I think in the hospitality room. I had an early morning soccer game and I missed breakfast, when I got back to the hotel my friend and I went downstairs to get something to eat. Everything was cleaned up and Carol was cleaning the tables. She immediately went and got us bagels and pasteries and insisted on cleaning up after we were done. You are lucky to have her on staff and I hope you let her know that.

Thank you again for a wonderful memory not just for me but for my husband and my two daughters.

Anne Forde

Green Harbor on the Ocean
Green Harbor on the Ocean
#3 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn

Been to Bayside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!