1,374 results
All reviews fire pit waffles salt marsh game room outdoor pool moby dick continental breakfast jacuzzi suite cape cod adirondack chairs hard boiled eggs bay view bottle of champagne hot tub small beach lewis bay yarmouth house
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2017

This was our first and last time to stay at Bayside Resort Hotel. As soon as we arrived and got to our room I was disappointed. The room smelled moldy and musty even the bedding. There was no elevator and we had to lug up our suitcases to the second floor on narrow steps. The bathroom was small and the vents in the ceiling were covered with dirt. Paint on the walls near the shower was peeling. Could not use the tub because no stopper was in the tub. Bath towels were very small even for me at 5 ft tall. The ice bucket lid did not fit well and ice melted quickly. On check out day at 8am went outside to place some things in the car. Tried to get back in and front desk had already disabled the room key-had to walk the whole way around to the front of the hotel and get my room key reactivated. Thought the bed was uncomfortable and carpet in the room in spots needed repair. Save your money and stay elsewhere!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TashulaB, Front Office Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry to hear about your disappointment. Our rooms are inspected weekly by management to make sure we do not have issues as you described. Could you please forward your room number so we can immediately inspect the room and correct any problems. Or if you would like to discuss directly, please call 508-775-5669 or email tash@baysideresort.com Thank you

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Excellent facility. Worth every dollar that was reasonably priced. I recommend staying at this hotel. The rooms were very clean. Excellent breakfast. There is a fire pit in the rear that had a very friendly group of guests. I would definitely book this facility on our next trip to Cape Cod.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TashulaB, Front Office Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you for visiting with us Tom. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the time spent at the fire pit. We hope you will choose us again fro your next Cape Cod getaway.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We only stayed one night but we were very impressed with this hotel. Clean, friendly, plenty to do. The indoor pool, ot tub and sauna were a big plus after a chilly day. We will definitely be staying here again.

Date of stay: May 2017

Thank you for staying us. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again fro a future stay.

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Really disappointed in my stay this time. This is our 5th time staying here and we will never come back, especially with our kids. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put a family with small children on the same floor as a wedding obviously does not have children! The rooms were clean and the pool was nice but there was a wedding party staying this weekend. Apparently, the staff here doesn't care if there are drunk people roaming the hallways, screaming, yelling & swearing until 2am starting at 8pm with open bottles of alcohol in hand. At the arcade there were people drinking, leaving open bottles of whiskey on the arcade games where my kids could easily reach it and it also made it so they couldn't play the game. In the tv room there was a huge party with bottles open everywhere and people slurring their words. At times they (drunk men) came into the arcade room trying to talk to me and my kids wobbling all over the place. As a woman I did not feel safe and made my husband stay by my side. It was so bad my 8yr old asked me why there were crazy people all over the hotel. Two nights in a row, which was our time we stayed as well, we could hear people loud & clear swearing and yelling in our room keeping our kids awake past midnight. We could literally hear them word for word and they were down the hall inside a room with the door open. The fact that people were so loud, falling down drunk, alcohol bottles left all over the place, especially in an arcade, and the staff is oblivious is ridiculous. I called the front desk the first night and they tried to tell me it was the pub. It was not. Clearly the staff allows this behavior and I think it ruins the Bayside's reputation. I had to call the 2nd night at midnight and was told they would look into it. Nothing changed and we continued to deal with it for hours more while my kids cried because it scared them. Then to top that off the fire alarm went off at 5am. Probably someone intoxicated who pulled it. It ruined our experience seeing it was our first family vacation in 4 years. They also need to fix their arcade room. Many of the games don't work. We wanted to sit out at the fire pit but again there were too many drunk people stumbling, slurring their words and swearing that our kids had to miss out on smores. We tried to go to the arcade the following day after the so called party down there to find empty bottles of beer, wine and hard alcohol all over the place including the tv room. So if you have kids, I would not recommend staying here because if there is a wedding or a function the staff will not do one thing and let people act outrageous. There should be security and a time limit for noise. It's pretty bad because this used to be our favorite place to stay in Cape Cod. Very disappointed and I'm pretty upset with the amount of money we spent on the room having to deal with this. The only thing that was nice was the pool and the rooms were very clean. Other than that, I would rather stay elsewhere. Not family friendly! I was a bit surprised we weren't even asked how our stay was when we checked out. Too bad this place has changed. The staff has definitely gone downhill.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. As a long time repeat customer I am sure you know this is not typically how our guests behave at the Bayside. We were just as frustrated with this group as you were. Unfortunately we were unaware of the group as most of them booked through on-line sites like Expedia. That being said, we apologize for not controlling this group better and for not working harder to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly. I would like to make things right for you and your family. tash@baysideresort.com

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights. Rooms are old fashioned but cleaned well daily and for the price very reasonable.

Breakfast is a good spread considering it comes with the cost. You can make your own waffles!

The downside for our trip was that the "golf lads" (middle aged men, drinking bud light out of cans and being overly loud, obnoxious and rude) stayed the last few nights we were there and took over the bar area making it uncomfortable for other guests. They also took to shouting down the corridors in the early hours.

Hyannis is about 1.5/2 mile walk away straight down the main road and there are a few restaurants within 10 mins of walking.

Great location if you plan on driving and exploring cape cod.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time post a review about your recent stay. I do apologize for the unruly group we had in house over the weekend. I have spoken to my entire staff in regards to monitoring the halls better at night. We hope you will stay with us again.