Bayside Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked a room for my parents anniversay. This was ther first time at the hot, which my husand and I have stayed many times with and without our children. My parents were greeted with a warm welcome. They loved how beautiful the hotel looked inside and out. When they entered their room it was decorated with anniversary balloons, a card, chocolates, rose petals, and two swans made out of towels...so creative. The room had a fridge and coffee maker which was a plus.They really enjoyed going down stairs , they even played the arcade.It was raining that night so they couldnt take advantage of the firepit outside...but they will be back. The complementary coffee and tea was great for them. The breakfast was perfect in the morning complimentary also. This is a perfect hotel if you want a cozy feeling. I highly recomend

1  Thank rdsxgrl12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Bayside Resort Nov. 9 & 10 on a Sweethearts Get-away Package. I really don't have any negative comments. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The room, though not in itself extraordinary was was a king beautifully situated overlooking the bay with sunrise and sunset lighting. The flickering firelight from below was a nice touch in the evenings as we danced in our room. The rose, chocolates, and champagne were in the the room when we checked in. The complimentary dinner at the Yarmouth House was wonderful and our waiter (Tim) was outstanding. They treated and fed us very well. We will definitely be back. Thank you! The Bayside was a great jumping off place for our first trip exploring Cape Cod. In our two day stay we explored Provincetown (75 minutes east and north) and the beaches around Chatham (20 minutes east) as well as many points in between.

Room Tip: The south end of the hotel, the room facing Lewis Bay has great views and lighting.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We reserved our room for a much needed mini get away - we booked through a third party booking site. Unfortunately just before our vacation, we found out my mom only had a few weeks left to live, so of course we canceled our trip so that we could spend as much time with her as possible. We contact Bayside directly to explain our situation and asked for a credit towards a future stay (we didn't want our money back as we did plan to still make the trip in the future). They advised that because we booked through a third party that they could not offer us a credit for a future stay. I do not understand why that would matter as they would still be getting their money whether or not we stayed there. Unfortunately we were not eligible for the trip insurance offered through the booking site (we are Canadian booking through an American site) - however we thought that this hotel being an independent hotel would have a bit more compassion towards our situation, obviously we thought wrong and will not be staying here during our Cape Cod getaway in the spring.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayside-Resort, General Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

We are so sorry to hear about your Mom. We are always willing to be flexible with our guests. Unfortunately, because you did not book direct through the hotel, you must cancel or change your reservation with the company you booked with. We are happy to change or cancel your reservation, however in this case it must come from the third party booking site. Most reputable companies will make exceptions for cases such as yours. If you need any assistance please call us and we will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bayside Resort. Although I am a life long resident of Massachusetts, I am just starting to explore the cape area. I selected this resort based on the reviews, location, amenities for families and value.
It also has a water view in the back of the hotel, which is always a plus. It is an older property but most of the areas have been updated and it is clean!! The staff were courteous and helpful from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. The pool and game room were a big hit with the kids ages 6, 9 and 14. I did not find the beds as uncomfortable as some of the other reviews.
Breakfast was good, although heavy on the carbohydrates and a bit crowded.
Outside fire pit was also a nice touch - even in the cold.

At this time of year downtown Hyannis is about a 5 minute drive. Shopping and beaches are also a short distance.

We will definitely be back to experience Bayside and the area in the summer of 2014!

Room Tip: We stayed in 256 and 258. I liked these rooms, but I would opt for a room with a balcony in the nice...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just spent a weekend here in a Jacuzzi suite, celebrating my wife's 50th birthday. While the room and the facility itself was OK, I left there feeling like my wallet was assaulted. Thinking the option to have rose petals on the bed when we got there would be pretty romantic, and something she would love, I paid the extra $35 to have them. You cannot imagine how much self restraint it took to keep my cool when I entered the room and found that the "rose petals" were actually pieces of fabric cut into the shape of a rose petal. Someone needs to inform the management that a rose is a flower, not a piece of cloth. You can buy a bag of 300 of these "rose petals" for ONE DOLLAR at any Dollar Tree store...I know because I looked. I paid $35 for about 50 of them. That's either an obscene mark-up, or a really expensive labor charge for sprinkling them on the bed. Some might also call it false advertising. In fairness to Bayside, they did put a bottle of sparkling wine and a small cup of Hersey's Kisses on the Jacuzzi...a nice gesture, but not enough to make up for the hosing I took on the "rose petals".

The room itself was just OK. The bed and pillows were very comfy, but the linens in the bathroom were like something you'd see at a Super 8...tiny and paper-thin. They had nice, thick, oversized towels by the Jacuzzi...one would think you'd also have them in the bath at a place billing itself as a resort. The decor is dated, for sure, but that's not something that bothers us at all, as long as the room is clean, which it was. Housekeeping did a great job...the room was spotless when we returned from a day bopping around the Cape.

If it weren't for the flower rip-off, I'd rate this facility a 3, but they lost a star for that. We won't be back.

1  Thank mkmck
Reviewed November 15, 2013

After having a bad experience earlier in the year, we gave Bayside another chance. I am glad we did because our stay was fantastic! Everyone on staff were great from check in , to the bartender, to the maintenance worker who had to fix the lock on our door. It was quiet and relaxing. The grounds were beautiful. The only reason that I can not give it an excellent rating is because the bed was so uncomfortable. I will definitely be going back to Bayside! If you haven't been yet, I suggest you give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a large group travelling together, it has the potential to be a little noisy. You m...
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this resort for a weekend while attending an event here. It was a great place to stay, clean and comfortable. Everyone was so friendly. The hotel has a beautiful area in the back overlooking a marsh. They also have an outdoor fire pit with chairs all around. I saw lots of people sitting around socializing. In warmer weather, it would be fantastic.
They offer a nice free breakfast. The standard cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit, pastry and waffles. It was quite busy but the staff did a great job keeping up.
If I were staying at this hotel during high season, I would definitely ask for a room on the second floor. It was noisy but I blame the parents that let their kids run wild. They had a nice pool area which I didn't use and also a bar with dollar bills hanging all over it.
I will definitely stay here again. It was a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
#7 of 20 in West Yarmouth
SeaCoast Inn
SeaCoast Inn
#5 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Bayside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!