“Great place!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Great place!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I recommend the CAPE COD REUBEN!!! Oh my gosh, best sandwich I have ever eaten in my entire life!! Pleasant staff, great atmosphere and plenty of opportunity to watch your favorite sports team!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank BeverlyCopes

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“good times”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My friend and I spent last weekend on the cape, When evening rolled around we asked the hotel front desk where would be a good place to catch the game and a burger. She gave us three options that she would go to, we took the second option and went to Red Face Jacks Sport Pub. Walking in the door was a flat screen tv in the lobby, nice touch. getting a seat wasnt a problem although the pub side was filling up quickly. I suppose for the afternoon game. Plenty of TVs, no problem there. the server said if its sports and on T V its on here. Ice cold draft beer and a great burger, my kind of place. Great job I'll be back.

• Visited March 2012
Hyannis, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I'm actually really surprised by the review already posted here. I will agree to an extent about the service though, most of the time the service is so-so, but we have have been really lucky a few times and gotten service above and beyond. Some of the food is "eh", but most of it is great! I looove the Macho Nachos and that Loaded Tater Tots, but the potato skins are so-so.
As far as entrees go again some items are average and nothing spectacular like the fish and chips, but then items like the cape cod Ruben and the mile high pastrami blow me away. I always order my french fries extra crispy because they are kind of soggy like homemade fries tend to be, but they're salted perfectly.

My friends have also been given the "TV's are pre-programmed" response, but that one server had a point by saying that someone at another end of the bar may be watching the program on another TV. With something like 40 TV's I can't imagine it's easy or even doable to follow requests. When there is a sporting event we'd like to watch at a bar we have started calling ahead to see if they will be showing that program later and since you seat yourself we like to grab a seat with a good view.

And the guy with the bottomless french fries... If you're referring to the server that I think you are her service isn't all that great but If I had a table of all guys ordering bottomless french fries and sharing them I would want to cut you off too. It sounds more like you were abusing the bottomless part.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank WellThisIsAnnoying
Meriden, CT
“Red Face Jacks, an improvement from poor to mediocre!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Prior spot had a lousy menu and unsatisfactory food, but since we were looking for dinner in a Pub atmosphere, we thought we'd give the apparent new place a try. It was cleaned up, and had a pub look to it with plenty of TV's, though the lack of customers at 7 PM should have been a signal. After our group of 5 incl. two youngsters were seated, and drinks ordered, we asked at the bar if they could put ESPN on one of the two TV's near our table. We were told that the TV's were pre-programmed and could not be changed. Upon hearing that back at our table, I asked our server if she could change the channel to ESPN, since one TV had a Red Sox Spring Training Talk Show on with the sound off, and the other was showing the two New York NBA teams, in Celtic country of all places. She gave the company line, adding that people in the other end of the bar may be watching these channels, as TV's there were linked to these. OK, so no big deal, even though we were fans of the college basketball team playing on ESPN's Big Monday, but we had two kids, and dinner was the main goal. So, the menu was very limited, but we made do, and at best it was OK. Pricing was average, but not cheap. As we were eating, one of the TV's kept changing. The talk show went to the a Celtic pre game studio show, but I think it was a black out situation so it quickly turned to "Law & Order" on TNT. After at least 15 minutes of that, and seeing our waitress for the 1st time since our food was served, I couldn't stop myself from asking her "who the Law and Order fans were at the other end?" What a dumb situation for a Pub of all places to not try to accommodate the only table in that area of the restaurant by at least changing from a non sports show with no sound.

Bottom line is this place won't be here too long unless they wise up and fix their TV programming, broaden their menu, improve the food, and provide service to their (few) customers.

Needless to say we will not be back to Red Faced Jack, especially when our 6 y/old granddaughter recognized their lack of interest in their customers. I doubt we will even give the next establishment a shot, as there are just too many good alternatives on the Cape.

• Visited February 2012
usa
“out of business”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Nick Zambellis has opened this as another loud and noisy sports bar. Great if you drink a lot of beer and like the sports scene. If the food is like his other places it is just average. He used to have high end, quality stuff, no so much now.

Visited January 2012