“Great experience”

Good for: Families with children
Acushnet, Massachusetts
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

From the outside appearance of this restaurant being in a poor looking strip mall, I would have never chosen to go there. The good reviews on here brought me in, and I am very happy that I went! The inside reminds me of every other Thai restaurant that I have been to. It is fairly small and somewhat dated, but comfortable.

The food was great. We went for lunch, and even getting the lunch specials, the portions were plenty. I got the thai fried rice with chicken. The rice and vegetables were good. The chicken was ok. Next time I would probably do without the chicken. The meal had good flavor. My fiance got the pad thai with squid. He enjoyed it.

The experience was made by the man that greeted and served us who was very polite and respectful. He seemed genuinely happy that we were there, which was nice. I would definitely return on my next trip to the Caoe.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank amr2323

Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful Thai food”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Don`t let the exterior ( in a small strip mall) of this resturant trick you, lurking inside is wonderful Thai food. We eat Thai food often and this resturants ranks right up there with the best.The interior is a bit dated but very clean, the owners take great pride in it`s apperance. The menu has some different items,with very fresh ingredients, which was fabulous to see. The service was super friendly. I asked for my food American hot and it came just as requested, and it was yummy!! Next time we are back on the cape we would not hesitate to return. Thank you for a wonderful meal!

• Visited September 2012
Homer
“Ok - just ok”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As a traveler I enjoy trying different restaurants and am a fan of Thai food. The food, service, atmosphere here was ok. No complaints. Basil Thai is conveniently located near hotels.

• Visited October 2012
New York, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Thai food!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I were home sick from eating all the fried foods in cape cod that we were trilled to find rice and steamed foods with major flavor!

We order the basil rice with drunken noodle and the Tom yum soup all 5 spicy. Everything we order was so good and delish !!!

The owner Kat was so sweet enen when we walk in at 9:10 soon to be closing time she was so sweet and let us take our time to eat. We can back the every next day for the food.

Like the we told her the only thing missing is the Thai decor of some fairy lights and a new sign out side. Don't let this strip mall tiny restaurant fool you it has big and beautiful flavor ! Nex time we are back in the cape we are going to eat here all the time !

Thanks Kat for the delish food!
Tim and cris

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Christine A
Cape Cod
“Clear, rich flavors”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Lots of Thai restaurants in mid-cape, seemingly sharing the same menu and kitchen. This one was different. Menu has some imaginative variations on the traditional. Ingredients very fresh and flavors are clear, rich and satisfying. Heat was moderate - I will probably ask them to step it up next time. For American Thai, this was very good. Service was very friendly and attentive. Interior is clean and inviting, which comes as something of a surprise given the run down, trip mall location. We will certainly return.

• Visited August 2012