“Perfect fo a 3-day trip w/ friends”

Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was so scared when I read all the previous reviews... Drugs ? Bugs ? Blood ? Quelle horreur !!! But the prices were still very attractive, and trying to go to Cape Cod on a Memorial Day we is NOT that easy. So we (3 23 years old BFF) decided to go anyway, ready to sleep in the car if it was unbearable. After 6 hours driving, we arrived at the Motel.
Well, believe it or not, it was really nice. The staff was really friendly (make sure to discuss with him about the French President and wife...) the room was spacious, w/ 3 double-beds. Bathroom was OK .We did not found any bugs or dust, and we had hot water. We did not stay for the breakfast in the morning and I think this would be the only thing to avoid... But still, it was perfect for a 3-nights trip in Cape Cod !
So people, before you scare the h*** out of other tourists with your terrifying reviews please understand that you're not going to get a 5 stars bedroom w/ a 1 star price.

Room Tip: #155 was the one !!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank amonkeynamedRobert

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was there for the memorial day week end with 2 friends of mine. We had booked the room before we read the previews. We really were wondering what the room would look like given the horrific previews we had read (beds with bugs, sheets with urine and blood, unfriendly staff walking around carrying an axe, etc).
I have seen none of these things. We got room #155. The (spacious) room was OK, and so was the staff. In a word we got good value for money. Alright, they could provide shampoo and have lamps that work. But this is a cheap hotel and given the previews I could read, I feel as if some people were expecting a 4-star hotel service in this road motel. let's be serious!
I just can tell you about our experience, which was definitely OK. And thanks to the horror story autors, It just add some more fun to our trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AHepburnInMyCupboard
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This motel needs alot of improvements like updating the rooms and furniture. The bathrooms were recently renovated but poor craftsmanship. The beds and mattresss needs to updated. The indoor pool is not heated and its smells like mold and mildew. I personally feel this motel is
overpriced for a one star motel. The only that this motel has going for it's pet friendly. You can find better at the Cape.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Wanted to spend a night on Cape Cod but didn't want to pay a fortune. We (my mom and 20-month old daughter) just needed a room for the night so we could visit Chatham, 3o minute drive away (take 6 not 28). Location is good - on a main road, entertainment and eating all nearby. Room was clean and smelled fine. AC worked and the shower was good and hot. Beds were a bit hard for sleeping but that was ok. They do have some doughnuts, coffee, and cereal for breakfast but didn't have it out until closer to 7:45 or 8 AM. Front desk was helpful. No hassle check in. Other clientele were friendly. $83 with tax on Travelocity.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I was worried when I read about some customer's bad review on 2008,
but my cousin kept insisting me to go and stay there, because, he is been staying in this American Host Motel very regualarly for the past 3 years. So I took a chance to go and stay there. I was so surprised to see totally different and opposite from what I read in the review.
The hotel room, bathroom, swimming pool, hot tub, beds, sheets and towels were very clean.
The best part is that I was charged the lowest rent out of all the hotels and motels on the Route 28.. close to all the beaches and entertainment places.
Very good place for the kids and family. What more anyone can expect for this rate in summer !!! ??
The serivce and hospitality was wonderfu. I was completely satisfied with everything in American Host Motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I was reluctant to stay at this hotel because of the negative reviews. I didn't book it online, (@ $50), but when I arrived at W. Yarmouth, it was the first hotel I saw, and I was only staying one night, so I thought I'd take a shot. After checking in, I went to a nice sized room, with a small fridge, a table with two comfortable chairs, a king bed and a clean bathroom. Being paranoid over the prior reviews, I pulled apart the bedding to make sure it was clean, which it was. Overall, in the generally overpriced Cape Cod hotel world, it was a pleasant stay. I get a kick out of these folks who trash hotels. It's like they expect a 4 star experience for a 1 star price. I always research my hotel stays, and am often touted off properties because of overwhelming negative reviews. In most instances where I ignore the reviews, the stay turns out to be fine. This was such a case. Want a cheap way to visit Cape Cod this summer--Try the American Host. I know I will again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Let me start off by saying that we're on the Cape frequently, at least several times each summer. Accommodations there leave a lot to be desired and we've come to terms with that. Since their high season only lasts for 4 months at best, many of the small motels and hotels don't have the means to renovate and put in high end upgrades.

Now it's one thing for the hotel to be old, it's another for it to be filthy. We paid $160 for a night in a place I couldn't wait to leave. I did not take my shoes off in the room as the carpet was so disgusting I was afraid I'd catch something. The room reeked of cigarettes and got knows what else, enough so that we went to CVS and bought a plug to mask some of the smell.

Now for the bathroom.... at first we thought the toilet seat was worn down until we wiped it and realized it was just covered in a black moldy film (now I'm just talking about the seat not the inside of the toilet which I'm sure you can imagine what that looked like). The bathtub wasn't much better and was covered in something black all along the edges. And as I sadly found out the morning we were leaving there was also no hot water (of course.. what did I expect?).

All night I kept tossing and turning imagining the beg bug bites all over my body (but thankfully nothing).. even though we did spread out beach towels over the pillows. Oh and there was a mysterious clump of red hair found in the bed the next morning.

We complained to the hotel owner and he pretty much told us to not come back which believe me we will never do. I'd rather sleep in the car.

Anyway we ended up staying at a hotel within 300 feet of a beach in South Yarmouth for EXACTLY half of the price of this one. It was still old but smelled of cleaning products instead of strange bodily odors and the family that owned it couldn't have been more pleasant.

Think twice before staying here...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod
Yarmouth Resort
Yarmouth Resort
#5 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!