We stayed at the Mariner for two nights during our recent visit to the Cape Cod last weekend. Reading some of the reviews here, I was somewhat "prepared for disappointment". However, from our perspective, this hotel exceed our expectations.
We paid about $75 per night for a second floor courtyard room (#208). The room was clean, well maintained, and had no odors or disturbances from outside. We felt safe and comfortable there. The mattresses in this room were comfy. We used the indoor pool as well as the Jacuzzi, and both were a joy for my children. We also use their mini-golf, which is not so well maintained but definitely worked for all of us to relax and spend some family time together. The morning breakfast at this time of the year is just few varieties of muffins. Not bad considering we knew about it beforehand but would certainly have liked some more options.
I used their wireless internet connection every morning and evening, and never had a problem.
The hotel location was also great. Near to everything yet not overly busy area. The seagull beach was only a 5 minute drive away and is beautiful. The hotel's staff was also courteous and helpful.
I would suggest to hotel management to see if they can modify the room layout to put some kind of wall seperation between sink and the main room area. When one person needs to use the sink during middle of night or early morning, it may distract rest of the family with the light and noise from running water. Just a small inconvenience.
If you expect a 4-star or 5-star look from this hotel, you will be fooling yourself but if you went with realistic expectations and want to have a good time, you'll love it for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mariner Motor Lodge is the closest hotel to Cape Cod's Sea Gull Beach and the green fairways of Bayberry Hills Golf Course. An easy walk to excellent restaurants, shopping and amusements. Take a short drive to Hyannis and Barnstable Harbor which offer whale watching tours, fishing excursions, and boat trips to the historic islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. At the Mariner Motor Lodge, you'll be in the heart of mid-Cape and will have a myriad of things to do that make Cape Cod a cherished vacation year round. Situated in West Yarmouth, this hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Cape Cod Inflatable Park and ZooQuarium. Pirate's Cove Mini Golf and Englewood Beach are also within 1 mile. Along with an indoor pool, this smoke-free hotel has a spa tub and a sauna. Free continental breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self-parking are also provided. Additionally, coffee/tea in a common area, a seasonal outdoor pool, and conference rooms are onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Mariner Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariner Motor Hotel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Hotel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Motel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Motor Lodge West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA