“JUST WHERE - AND HOW - I WANTED TO BE, TX!”

Mariner Motor Lodge
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
New Rochelle, New York
“JUST WHERE - AND HOW - I WANTED TO BE, TX!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Mariner Motor Lodge was just where I wanted to be, within comfortable travel distance to Hyannis-Nantucket ferries [with discounted fares!] as well as to the Lower [or Outer] Cape, the best of both possible worlds. Not only could staff - front desk and housekeeping - not be nicer and more helpful, but the Lodge was just how I wanted to be on the Cape during my [unfortunately too few] days there. My room was on the 2nd floor and in the back, so there was peace and quiet, but all guestrooms, whether on the 1st or 2nd floor, front or back, are well back of any traffic on Route 28, and the grounds themselves are mostly natural grass, even with plenty of parking. From the greeting I received upon my arrival to the best wishes I received upon my departure, and for all of the in-betweens [even good coffee in the mornings!], I thank one and all of the Lodge for their kind attention and hospitality, and am already looking forward to my next stay there. Vincent

Room Tip: A room on the 2nd floor and in the back is where I stayed, and it was very quiet there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mcnallyv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Booked the Mariner based on previous reviews and we were not disappointed. All the staff were very friendly and helpful (I can't say enough about the staff....they were all very friendly!) The room was very clean and comfortable...no musty smell at all. Outdoor pool was perfect after day at the beach (there is also an indoor pool) and we enjoyed how much outdoor seating options there were for guests to use...plenty of picnic tables and chairs. We had a first floor courtyard room and loved the slider out to the grassy area and chairs and tables right outside our room. The grounds are very well maintained. They have free coffee and tea all day. They offer discounted parking passes for Yarmouth beaches (pay at the front desk save $4). Conveniently located on Rte 28....plenty you can walk to. And you cannot beat the value!! We looked online at the newer, fancier Cape hotels and the price you pay is so much more. We will definitely book rooms at the Mariner in the future. It's a true Cape hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa S
New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Hundreds of motels on The Cape. Some very posh, some Batesian, but very few come close to hitting the sweet spot for a fine, basic, clean room that's close to all. The Mariner comes very close to hitting that sweet spot. It's on busy route 28' but set back enough from the road to be quiet. The outdoor pool fit nicely after a great day on the beach. Decent food and adult beverage places within walking distance. One small quibble - wifi in the back, quiet area needs revamping and re energizing.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was our first trip to Cape Cod, which included my wife and 3 kids (aged 8, 9, and 12). The staff was very friendly. The room was not big but acceptable for the price. The grounds are very well maintained. We saw maintenance people daily watering the grounds and taking care of the pools, etc. The staff seems to care as they would tell the kids not to jump into the pool or run down the halls, which as parents we liked. The putt-putt course was a huge hit with the kids. If you can live without having breakfast at the hotel, it's a great place to stay for the money.

Room Tip: Book room on the inside of the hotel on bottom floor near the pool....you can eat outside the room o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andy B
Weymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just finished our third stay at the Mariner and as usual had a wonderful time. Room was perfect as usual. Had one small issue the first day when the tub had a clogged drain, mentioned to the front desk and they had it repaired asap. Very courteous and helpful staff, near all the major attractions as well as Seagull Beach. We will definitely be back next summer.

Room Tip: The Mariner has no elevator so if stairs are an issue, request the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eagle1676
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was my 3 trip to Cape Cod. I was pleasantly surprised. the pluses free coffee and tea all day. Both pools(indoor and outdoor) were close to each other. They have a good sized hot tub as well as a sauna. We brought food with us but it's not necessary. A microwave was provided. There's a Stop n Shop very close by for any extras. Picnic tables were provided close to the bbq. Which we made very good use of. The beach was literally 3 minutes by car. The property has free mini golf. I brought my nine and eight year old nephew. They loved it. We preferred to cook our own food. The restaurants are so so. Stay away from the buffet. the last day we ended up getting KFC. The location was fantastic. we were in the middle of everything. Minuses you definitely need bug spray. The golf area was fun if not for the bugs. The website states free breakfast but they said that it's not available. The rooms are a little small but the staff and other amenities make up for it. I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Try to ask for the first floor courtyard rooms. its much easier to navigate from car to room and fro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2013

When searching through Trip Advisor and various websites I soon found out that the weekend I wanted to go away was apparently a very busy one where almost every hotel I checked was top dollar and/or sold out! During one of my endless searches I came across the Mariner Motor Lodge. Now to be honest the name itself deterred me but when I saw the price I decided to research It alittle more. Although the pictures of the rooms looked outdated the indoor pool/Jacuzzi looked great! So as I started reading reviews about this place it was the hidden gem I had been searching for! so without hesitation I booked 2 rooms for our large group.

I called ahead and requested that my rooms be side by side and although they couldn't promise that would be the case the gentleman at the front desk said he would do his best. So as we checked in I obviously asked if our request had been made and the very nice girl at the counter smiled and said absolutely we have reserved both rooms side by side. The delight on our faces was priceless because of past experiences where hotels promise such things and then never deliver.
After we got our room keys and I forgot to mention we checked in an hour early with no problem we headed around the building to park our cars. As we got to the room we were really pleasantly surprised. They smelled great! no musty smell like some have stated (maybe the got themselves new air fresheners?) and the room was plenty spacious and clean! did I mention the room was CLEAN! its such an important factor. Also we called and asked for extra towels both days and they were brought up very fast with no issue.
The hotel is very convenient to everything you will ever need in the area. We were only there for 2 nights/3 days. Our first night we ate at Seafood Sams and had ice cream at the cape cod creamery. Both very good. the next morning we ate the Keltic Kitchen witch was hands down one of the best breakfasts Ive ever had in my life! and as we headed back to the hotel after the beach we stopped at Daggats Liqour store which had great deals on liquor and beer.
So now enough with the fabulous food and drinks we had and back to the hotel. Both nights we were there our group (which there were 13 total) enjoyed the indoor pool/Jacuzzi immensely! it was open till 12 which was a nice surprise and the security guy was very sweet when it was time to go.
So alas I have to give major props to the Mariner Motor Lodge for making our vacation a very memorable one. Some of the best memories we acquired were in the hotel and none of us could have asked for a better stay for the quality and the price!
We will definitely be staying there next time we are in Yarmouth!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#5 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Mariner Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!