All reviews grilling area foot deep pool place to stay private beach cape cod small fridge and microwave spent two nights p town the location is perfect seagull beach coffee maker bed was very comfortable nice pool family vacation a great stay mini golf chock
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived at 4 pm, we were given the keys to our room. The room hadn’t been cleaned from the previous occupants yet. We left and then went back later. There was no lightbulb in the light controlled by the switch so we had to ask for one. We had 4 people, but were only given 2 sets of towels for the duration of our stay. Each night my husband had to go get more. At checkout, we were told it was because of the laundering service.

Room was a decent size, but the way the furniture was arranged, it was tight and we couldn’t open the refrigerator without moving other furniture.

However, the bathroom is tiny, which was difficult for 4 people.

Grounds are cute. Love the grilling area, although we didn’t take advantage of it. Pool looked pleasant.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We made a last-minute decision to get away to the Cape for a beach day, and wanted a decent, but not crazy expensive overnight accommodation. We stopped at one place first, and immediately walked out. Stopped here next, and was very pleased with Christina at the front desk and the room we were showed. Working in the hospitality industry, I know what you can and cannot offer to last minute guests, and because of how we were treated and what we were offered, I give high ratings to this place!! For what we paid, we got decent beds, access to their pool and private beach down the road, and recommendations for breakfast places. We will certainly return to the Windrift Motel!! Thank you very much!!

1  Thank Ellen O
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Nice property and location, centrally located. Grounds very well kept and clean. Staff was welcoming/friendly. Seems like a family oriented property —we saw various families with younger children. Relatively quiet, which is not always the case given price and this type of property’s horse shoe lay out. Beds were comfortable. Kitchenette was well stocked; it came with a hot plate which was a nice surprise. The unit/room itself and bathroom were extremely tight. I agree with a previous reviewer that there isn’t any room in the bathroom for toiletries or towels. I suggest adding hooks and shelving in the bathroom and outside to hang up towels and toiletries. I wish the kitchen design had bigger cabinets to put away some of our groceries, which are laying around the already tight premises. Closet was also in an inconvenient spot, blocked by a small bureau (which came in handy to unpack kitchen related items). Bottom line is guests need space to unpack/settle, but the property is indeed a good value for this time of the year, quaint and comfortable enough.

Trip type: Traveled with family
WindriftMotel, General Manager at Windrift Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are continuously making improvements to our guest rooms and property because our guest's comfort is our number one priority. We truly do appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

We've stayed at more expensive hotels in the area, but were determined to stick to more of a budget this year. The Windrift is extremely economical - at least for the time of year we were going. The property is cute as a button - the landscaping is really, very nice. The motel looks well cared for. We had a standard king size room - the room itself was large in our opinion. It had a loveseat and an armchair in it and coffee table, which I really appreciate because I hate watching TV in bed. The loveseat and armchair didn't match, neither did the lamps, which I'm choosing to call "quaint" because really, that stuff doesn't matter. All of the lighting was on one side of the room, leaving the other half kind of dark. The bedside lamps were quite large, which we like - however, the one was not plugged in, and there was no outlet nearby so I'm not even sure why it's there. The bed was very comfortable, but it seemed to have an empty duvet cover on it? Just seemed a little weird. BUT, THE KING SIZE BED HAD KING SIZE PILLOWS!!! I complain about that in every review, that I never get king size pillows on a king size bed so this was a great surprise and pleasure! Our sleep quality was good, it was quiet there but it's not high season. The room had a walk-in closet in it, which I can't recall seeing in a hotel room before, but it's wasted space that is sorely needed in the bathroom, which was tiny. Like really, really small. Nowhere to put anything. There is a cool, groovy but virtually useless shelf in the bathroom that holds almost nothing because it's half slanted. Hard to explain. Literally, when you take your watch off to have a shower, you have no idea where to put it. Not so much as a hook on the back of the door. If you're like me, you probably don't really want to put your clothes and stuff on the toilet seat. The toilet is updated, one of those models with the flusher on top of the tank with the two buttons to reserve water, so you can't really put stuff there without knocking it off when you go to flush. Also, there is no ventilation in the bathroom, just a window you can open which probably doesn't help that much when it's humid in the summer (if it gets humid there, I don't know) - not a problem for us at this time of year but be warned. There was one wastebasket in the bathroom only. When you're traveling, you bring some food back to the room and beverages and pamphlets, etc and we overflowed that basket every day. We were piling stuff on the floor beside it. IMO, rooms really need at least 2 wastebaskets. Also, no clock radio or clock! There was some confusion upon check-in since we booked with booking.com - I need to check my statements to make sure I wasn't charged twice. The hair dryer in the bathroom was not working. However, they sent someone within about 20 minutes or so to replace it. On our last evening there, we returned from our area activities to find that the room had been cleaned, dirty towels were taken but no news ones left so we had to get them from the desk. There were a lot of nice things about the Windrift, and the price is certainly one of them. I guess i'd stay there again if I were in the area, but that bathroom was a big difficulty for me. I like to unload a multitude of hair care products and whatnot rather than having to unpack them and pack them back up every day - we were there for 4 nights so I want room to unpack my toiletries.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed October 11, 2017

My husband and I stayed for a week. Mary, Krystle and Michael were amazing. Beautifully kept grounds and pool, spotlessly clean, adorable room, wonderful beds, great coffee, windows that opened and TV with almost every channel we watch at home! There is a nice grassy picnic area with grills near the pool area. They gave us directions, recommendations and lots of knowledge of the area. We would definitely stay again if ever in the area!

Room tip: Seems to me all the rooms would be good!
Date of stay: September 2017