“Not the best....”
Review of Windrift Motel

Windrift Motel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past week... came home today.... The website for the Windrift motel AND priceline, where I booked the motel, said there was a pool, and bbq pit area--- neither of which we were able to see...... the room was cute, and clean, I'll give it that much.... but other than that, next time I go to Cape Cod, I'm going to book somewhere else......

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jcurina8163

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two teenage girls, using two rooms. It was reasonably priced and well located for local beaches and eating out. Booking was simple, check in really smooth and the staff could not be more helpful. Rooms very clean and were made up each day which I did not expect. The breakfast is just a drink and some form of cake but you are right by some good breakfast eats if you need more.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground level with some near the room and the pool located towards the back. Middle roo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tink0176
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Motels often get a bad rap, but this motel is truly a nice place to stay and very affordable. You can tell it has had very recent updates, fresh paint, linens, carpets were new or just cleaned, bathroom was spotless!! Pool was nice, they have a kids pool which is only 2 feet deep which my 3 year old loved. We stayed in a basic room because it was only one night, if I was staying longer I would have paid extra for the deluxe to get the micro and updated furniture. Beds were new but very soft. Only thing I did not like was thin walls, but this is how most motels are and no second security lock which made me a little nervous with a young child in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank travelbug1098
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A group of 10 we had 5 deluxe rooms reserved for 4 days at the end of June. The weather was a little damp and rainy but the staff could not have been nicer. They greeted us when we arrived like friends and helped us find restaurants and attractions in the area. They provided us with everything we requested and the rooms were clean and comfortable. If you have things to charge I would recommend you bring an extra three way plug and there was no laundry for guests. Also bring a coffee mug and coffee or tea bags. The rooms were cleaned every day and we were given fresh towels each day. The continental breakfast was a little sparce with no milk or cereal but the woman who served it was delightful. We appreciated their kindness and service.

Room Tip: I asked for a deluxe room with a refrigerator and microwave and was not disappointed. This hotel is...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a family run motel that has been recently remodeled. The people that run it are very friendly and accommodating and the rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable. The prices are comparable to what you would find in motels you would not like to stay in, but this is a very nice place! We stayed for 3 nights and would highly recommend it! Nice breakfast room for coffee and pastries, but if you want something besides bread products you would have to go out for breakfast. Even still, we were very pleased with our stay here and would go back in the future.

Room Tip: They offer regular and deluxe rooms for a small additional charge. We got deluxe rooms which were a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I feel bad giving the Windrift a bad review because I love old motels like this, and the woman in charge was so pleasant and friendly, which is the reason I chose this motel when I called on the telephone. I was travelling with two of my sisters and we arrived the very first night the Windrift was open for the season. There were workmen everywhere, no waste bin in the room (had to ask for one), commode lids on one of the porch chairs outside (we moved those). The bathroom door was not set right in the frame so every time we used the bathroom we had to pull hard to get it to stay closed. Also THERE WAS NO GLASS IN THE PEEPHOLE but only a hole drilled straight through the door because presumably the peepholes had not been installed yet! But by the time we realized this we were totally exhausted and it was just so absurd that we couldn't believe it and all we could do was laugh. When we asked about coffee in the lobby we were told there was no coffee service until June. The room was clean and comfortable otherwise but Good Lord!!!

So I would advise, if you want to stay at Windrift, DO NOT GO UNTIL JUNE. That will give them plenty of time to get ready for the season and other travellers to suffer in your stead and fight your battles for you.

Again, I feel bad giving a bad review but I have to be honest. Good intentions are not enough. If you are not ready to accept guests, then wait another week to open, honestly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Lovely motel, nice lady at checkin, friendly spot, great value.... Would l recommend it... Yes l would. Booked it online the day before reaching the Cape. Fine size room, clean, tidy and great price. Had a very happy stay here for the one night....

Room Tip: If you need a nice decent place to stay for excellent value that is clean, hard to beat the Windrift...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Yarmouth Resort
Yarmouth Resort
#5 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Windrift Motel? Share your experiences!