65.00 a night was a terrfic price for this family style motel along busy Route 28 the second week in July. It would have cost 200 to stay on the water and the fee to park at a beach made it worth it not to be right on the ocean. The staff is pleasant and helpful; in the morning they put out a huge cauldron of coffee, albeit with artificial creamer. Note: no continental breakfast is provided. There is a Dunkin Donuts and other restaurants within walking distance or you can prepare breakfast using the in room fridge -- also a microwave by the coffee pot. Rooms are very clean, and for the first four days our maid was superb (had a teenage substitute the last day; poor cleaning job). T.V. gets many cable channels, including family friendly ones. Air conditioner works well and we did need to use it despite cool evenings (when there are no windows on both sides you don't get a cross vent).
As the title of this review implies the beds were extremely uncomfortable; the hardest beds we have EVER slept in our whole lives, and we actually prefer a firm mattress but this was unbelievable. I woke up several times during the night and had some minor aches because the mattress wouldn't yield to our positions even in the least. Unfortunately, there are no extra pillows to raise the head which helps.
The most outstanding feature of the motel is the crystal clear, indoor outdoor combination pool. It obviously was built with quality materials decades ago with tile and is very well maintained and clean. For the price of the motel the pool is marvelous. There are also comfortable lounge chairs around the pool (better than the beds in the room) AND the staff supplies plenty of fresh clean towels for swimmers and sunbathers. There is also a jacuzzi which I didn't use but my daughters said they enjoyed it.
Great central location on the Cape -- you can walk to the Christmas Tree Shop right next door and drive to Seagull Beach just a mile away (it is free after 3:30 or 4 by the way if you have used your day to explore other areas of the Cape like we did for two days). Provincetown is 48 miles away and the ferries to the islands the next town over in Hyannis.
Overall, a good value for the money. I would advise bringing along a mattress topper for the beds though!!
Oh! There is also FREE wi fi, which my teen with her itouch, truly loved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hunters Green Motel has been a family owned and operated facility for 45+ Years. We take pride in our friendly and attentive staff that make you feel right at home while you are enjoying Cape Cod. Our 74+ Guest rooms with a combination of King Bed or 2 Double Beds are designed to meet every family's needs. Our one of a kind pool is a must see where you can swim indoors as well as outdoors at the same time. Our in ground 10 Person Jacuzzi with massaging heads will help you unwind after your long day around Cape Cod. Hunters Green is located centrally in West Yarmouth on route 28 less than 2 miles from Seagull Beach, Englewood Beach and Bass River. Plenty of Bars, Restaurants, shopping are available in walking distance. Plenty of activities to keep kids entertained are also in walking distance including the Inflatable water park 0.2 miles away, Pirates cove Mini Golf, Ryan's bowling center and Arcade, Bumper Cars, Batting cages and plenty more. Hunters Green is centrally located to all your needs from children to adults. Call Hunters Green to plan your getaway to the beautiful Cape Cod. *Minimum check in age is 21. *Children over the age of 12 are considered adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hunters Green Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunters Green Hotel West Yarmouth
- Hunters Green Motel West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA