“Best hotel in the area - price + value can't be beat.”

Hunters Green Motel
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
London
“Best hotel in the area - price + value can't be beat.”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Returned to this hotel again after an amazing stay last time - you simply cannot beat this hotel for price and value. Other hotels are 2-3 times more expensive - this hotel is clean, comfortable, and you'll get a great nights sleep. I regularly visit here on business and this is my go to hotel. I don't get why people have negative reviews here - I mean what do you expect for a hotel for $70/night?! It's an absolute bargain compared to other hotels in the area. And in my opinion price vs value - this hotel is a stand-out. The location is perfect and just around the corner from Basil Thai which is a great thai restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank kawoh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The motel had extremely good pricing and it was in a convenient location so we decided to try it. The room itself was fairly clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the room decor was extremely dated and the room had this old musty smell to it. The walls were also extremely thin so the room could get quite chilly and it was quite noisy in the morning from other rooms and the parking lot.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Miles W
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The room decor was terribly outdated. The carpets had stains, there was an odor in the room, the caulking in the tub was falling away, and when the front door was closed there was a gap along the side below the doorknob. I know the prices were cheap but this goes beyond cheap. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank sled031

Travelers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Tampere, Finland
Reviewed October 2, 2013

For the price that we payed, this was very good value motel. Our room was clean and spacious enough; bed spreads were white and clean (which gave the otherwise a bit outdated decor a nice touch) and there really was nothing to complain about considering this is a motel.
Location is good (the best breakfast place Keltic Kitchen is less than a mile away) and there is coffee available until 10 pm and in the morning.
We would stay here again if visited Cape Cod area again.

2 Thank Kuusimaki
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had been staying at the Hunters Green for at least 25 years and have some wonderful memories of our stays there and the wonderful family that ran it. Sadly everything must come to an end. The hotel has always been a little dated but the facilities were squeaky clean, the property kept up and the pool and Jacuzzi sparkling.
I wish I could say that about the Hunters Green now. I made my annual 4th of July stay through the property itself and asked for a specific room in which we usually stayed. I was told that would be fine and everything was set when I rechecked the reservation several days before our stay. Well, when we get there we are told we are in a totally different room on the second floor? I asked them what happened to our requested room and was told the previous owners had changed our room.....an obvious lie. We have know them for years and were always accommodated when we had specific requests. The new owners had changed the room for some reason and never seeing us before had no way of knowing if we were elderly or disabled in any way. We had requested a room on the first floor at the end of the first building. During our stay it was immediately evident that the hotel had changed after the sale. Our room was not thoroughly cleaned and the sheets appeared to have been used already. We missed room cleaning 2 out of 3 mornings even though we were out by 10 a.m. They maid never showed up!!! When I went to the office another excuse was offered but not before I was totally ignored by the new owner talking to a person obviously price checking the rates. It is apparent that the brothers who bought the hotel do not know the golden rule of hotel management....treat your returning customers well they are the bread and butter of your hotel. He was so busy trying to impress the person, who by the way did not take a room. We found a lot of people who were not staying there coming to use the pool and many young children with diapers were put into the pool and Jacuzzi with their parents these were very small babies who probably should not be in the pool at all.....it also appeared that a lot of the owners friends were there cooking out all day creating massive clouds of smoke, listening to blaring music from their cars and using the pool. At the end of the day there was a mass departure of people not staying at the hotel leaving in their cars. We witnessed this everyday of our 5 day stay and became familiar with who was not staying there.There were cups, Dunkin Coffee cups and other trash all around the place which never happened before.
The owners need a crash course in Hotel/Motel management and to put some $$ into renovations. Maids need to be instructed on how to clean a room properly and change the sheets. All in all this hotel is on it's way down and circling the drain. I would never stay here again. We do not expect special treatment but we do expect a clean room and surroundings.
Beware this place will be a by the hour motel soon if something isn't done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank edodge
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had mixed feelings about this motel because of some of the negative reviews. My boyfriend and I stayed here September 19 - 24 and overall we were pleasantly pleased. The check in prices was very quick and our room was clean and taken care of daily. Yes, the rooms could use a little updating but really how much time do you actually spend in your room. If you are on vacation you are probably out most of the day and just want a good place to sleep. The price was fantastic for the amount of time we stayed. The hot tub/ whirlpool was extremely relaxing......just what we were looking for. A no haggle checkout process was the end to a great stay. We will most likely be staying here again next year if the price and accommodations remain the same.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I read the reviews before booking this motel, and they seemed very mixed. So, the price was right and reviews said it was clean and in a good area. So, we booked it. I would not go back, I am sorry to say. It is indeed in a good area, price is right, but for me the lack of updating in our room gave the appearance that it was dirty and unkept. I am not a "hotel snob", but I do want a clean, affordable room. The carpeting in our room was terrible. Not only was it stained, but dirty to the point of not wanting to take your shoes off. The tub had mold in the grout, the wallpaper is discolored due to wear and time, and even the lap shades were stained. The bed linens were old and our "clean sheets" had hair and stains on them.. before we had slept on them. The furniture had broken handles and rust around the metal base of the lamps. With a few updates and some freshening up, this motel would be ideal. But, for me, I would rather spend the extra $10-$20 and stay somewhere that was updated and less dark and dingy. We were very disappointed and will not return.

Room Tip: We were on the lower floor, lots of noise from upstairs. Also, you can clearly hear the showers fro...