“Clean and new, but you can find better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Huntington, NY
“Clean and new, but you can find better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

My family stayed here from June 23 to June 26 of this year. We chose it because we are Hilton Gold members, and I like the amenities usually available, such as the breakfast and services of the business center. Outside of that, we would have booked at one of many lovely more traditional Cape Cod facilities.
The breakfast was a disappointment; little things like ONLY skim milk available. I requested anything else, but told not available. Same thing the next day. Huh??? I realize this may seem trivial, but it's just sort of irritating. The rest of my family just thought the hot food didn't taste "good." I needed to print something, not possible from my mobile devices; printer in the business center not working two days in a row. I was told to email what I wanted printed to the front desk, and they would print it. This didn't work with most of what I needed done. I had to go elsewhere. Again, may seem trivial, but irritating.
I communicated about the above with the general manager after arriving home; got a business-like standard response. I would have told her about it before we left, but the front desk told me she wasn't available
Anyway, the facility is clean and new. I just wish I had spent that $268 per night (with AARP) elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank leijsw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The room was very clean and refreshed. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We loved the amenities of free coffee and freshly baked cookies. The fitness facilities were clean and very usable. The location was perfect for the Yarmouth/Hyannis attractions. Plenty of free parking!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kathyk-takes-a-trip
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We all know the Cape has numerous hotels... many are very old and badly in need of updating. The Hampton is by far the newest one in the area. Beautiful clean rooms, close to everything and nice staff...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christina s
Wakefield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The location was perfect for us. We attended a wedding and this was the best value of the 3 selected by the bride and groom. The breakfast was great, the room was spotless, and the staff was so helpful. We walked the grounds every morning (the outside pool area was so nice) with our fresh free coffee, available anytime! Will stay at a Hampton Inn anytime!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Joyce C
Charles Town, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a really nice property for the price range and as you drive around town, you definitely notice it is the newest! They do a wonderful breakfast rivaled only by Embassy Suites and I like the little touches- such as fresh roses out in the lobby and cookies put out in the afternoon. Housekeeping does a five star job too. Never did I have to wonder would our room be cleaned and they are wonderful about replenishing the complimentary toiletries. I really appreciated that with three of us to one room. I would like to see the mattresses get replaced however- ours was extremely hard. My husband and I greeted each other in the morning by grabbing our lower backs and saying ouch. You can never go wrong with pillowtop and I would be happy to pay more per night for this. Also, the front desk was addressed with the mattress issue and the fact that our shower drain was broken. We just got a shrug of the shoulders basically- this needs to be worked on in my opinion. We put a shampoo bottle in the shower to keep it open while there and I hope it was fixed for the next guests. Adult swim hour at the indoor pool would REALLY be appreciated too. I went after 9 pm thinking I could get some laps in because I left my gym shoes at home. There were four children playing water basketball so I just asked them to let me have one side. It didn't work out very well and a grandma actually got fussed at me for swimming and threw one of the pool basketballs in my face. I wish I were kidding. Also getting in and out of the motel can be a challenge- please be careful. There is a very busy two lane road and area drivers are not going to wave you in unfortunately. The motel is extremely convenient to Hyannis and Chatham. Provincetown is a little bit of a drive. Give yourself an hour and a half to get there especially if taking a whale tour- to find parking. Cape Cod is absolutely gorgeous- have fun!

Room Tip: If you are deciding between two queens or one king/sofabed- go with the king room. I think you will...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Newest hotel on the Cape, and couldn't have been cleaner with nicer staff. We stayed six days and never had a complaint. Our suite was quite large and we never felt cramped. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding (eggs, morning meats, waffles, bagels, pastries, oatmeal with fresh fruit to serve over it, yogurt, juices and something new every day). We ate between 7:30 and 9:00 each day and weren't hungry for a meal until time for dinner/"suppah" (did keep Whole Foods snacks in our suites). The pool area is extra clean with many nice lounge chairs and a pool bar that is fun! The fitness center is small with few machines (four treadmills, two ellipticals, a bike and "the work every muscle" machine), but was very adequate. We were typically the only ones working out so we never had a problem. Really, this place is the place to stay near Hyannis!

Room Tip: Ask for the last suite, or room, on the third floor (357 or the other end). We never heard another p...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeanne A
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We had a great 3 days at the Hampton Inn. This is a beautiful hotel. Upon arrival Tara at the desk was incredibly helpful. I wanted to see the 2 room types I was interested in. Tara gave me a key for each and I had a easy decision upon review. The King suite was almost new, large and clean. The room had a wet bar and frig in addition to a sofa w seperate seating area. The out door pool was beautiful. Although we could only use it 1 day due to weather, it is a great space. Breakfast each morning was fresh and different. Overall a great experience. Would reccomend to anyone. It should be #1 on TA.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
The Cove at Yarmouth
The Cove at Yarmouth
#4 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth? Share your experiences!