“Enjoyed our visit”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Enjoyed our visit”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Cape Point hotel is a very typical vacation hotel, it is convenient to shops, restaurants and a short drive to beaches. The staff were very friendly and always greeted guests with a smile. The Hotel, like most on the Cape have some age, but has been nicely updated in areas and very clean. While our bathroom fan was noisy and showed its age the air conditioner worked well and was quieter. The pools were warm and well maintained. There was coffee and tea as well as a microwaved available in the lobby area which was nice for early risers. The breakfast was delicious and wait staff very friendly as well. It was a good value and I would recommend this hotel to my friends if they were to ask.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisab357AD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Been coming to The Cape Point for last 15 years , the last few years we're have been disappointed by the uncomfortable beds, although they state they are new . Last year we left early , I couldn't sleep in a lumpy bed. The place is perfectly situated , nice staff , place needs some renovations . Not sure if I'll be back this year.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 19Derek62
Paul_S41922, Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Im sorry that your sleeping experience was not good The beds are new and made by Serta. I wished you told us about the bed when you stayed here .Serta warranty is for 10 years.Overall you did seem happy about your stay. Please give us another chance and tell us while you are here, if you have any concerns.
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed June 20, 2014

When I booked our vacation I had never been to Cape Cod. So , I knew nothing about the area or hotels. We were very happy with Cape Point Hotel. It was clean, the staff was excellent, very helpful. They made us feel very welcome. I would recommend this hotel to my friends if any were to ask.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The indoor and outdoor pool are really nice, the take out breakfast joint is so good...banana walnut pancakes are seriously the best I ever had. The rooms are typical sorta run down beach type rooms. Very outdated a little on the not so clean side but good enough I felt fine there with my wife and 10 month old. Staff is friendly, it's a great value if your not too picky.

Room Tip: Choosing a downstairs room makes it convenient for packing and unpacking.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank townbeef
purcellville, VA
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Wow, I'm so glad that I didn't stay here. On June 10, I made reservation for a 3-night stay from Aug. 27-30. I decided to cancel the reservation based on seeing some of the negative reviews on TA. I sent an email to the email address that was posted on the hotel's website. I then received an "undeliverable" email. So, I called the hotel directly and spoke to Novia, the hotel manager. After putting me on hold several time, she then told me that she will cancel my reservation. She gave me a confirmation number for the cancellation. To be sure that I have the cancellation documented, I asked her if she could send me a confirmation via email. She then told me that she couldn't do that because the system won't let her do that. I asked her if she could just send me a personal email confirming the cancellation with a confirmation, she refused to do that. She was very short with me. Anyway, I then asked her how would I know that my credit card won't be charged, she basically said that it won't be charged because my reservation is no longer in the system. When I ended the conversation with a "thank you", she didn't even respond. Talk about lack of customer service. I will have to wait and see whether my credit card will be charged since I have nothing documented other than my verbal conversation with her. SO BEWARE...I made this reservation directly on the hotel's website by the way. I will also call my CC company to make sure that the charge will be blocked. To sum up, if this is the type of service that I was given, I'm glad that I cancelled my reservation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank jennypurcellville_VA
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I am very sorry to hear you were not happy with the service and Novia is very upset you feel the way you do, however we too as employees have feelings, and when we are called a thief and yelled at like we are children, we sometimes are not the kindest people in the business. I am also confused as to why you look at reviews after booking a Hotel as opposed to before, it would have saved you all this anxiety. The system we have does not allow us to e-mail a cancellation. Novia gave you a cancellation number and you were not charged anything on your credit card. Unlike a lot of Hotels who charge a cancellation fee we do not.

Travelers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had to find a room for an overnight stay because I needed to attend a meeting early the next morning and my commute was over 2 hours away. Since I knew that I only needed a safe, clean space to sleep, I settled on this place because the price was right and recent reviews seemed relatively positive. Generally, the motel is okay. In fact, the public areas-including a large indoor pool and a koi pond with waterfall-are attractive and, frankly, may have contributed to the disappointment I felt once I saw my room. My expectations were crushed! The rooms are in need of updating: soiled carpeting; screens on the windows were torn; small screen tube TV that took up a large portion of the dresser top; loud, and uneven air/heat controls. The thick layer of dust on the vent in the bathroom may have contributed to my coughing all night! (Cough was gone when I checked out.) Bathroom was functional, but very small; towels were flimsy. The bathroom flooring was vinyl that was noisy when stepped on. It was comforting to read that "100% ROOMS HAVE NEW MATRESSES (sic)" according to the motel's site. No coffee service in the room. Positives: refrigerator in room and free (albeit slow) wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank lopo
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 30, 2014

our club took over this hotel memorial day weekend and everyone I know had a very good time. They let the kids be kids and the service was good and the price was fair. I would stay there again.
GREAT little restuarant in the hotel- fantastic breakfast food at very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: stay on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Paul_S41922, Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your very positive review.I think you should pat yourself on the back. The weekend was fun because the parents took respondsibilty for their chiildren.We are proud of the service and food in our cafe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Yarmouth
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!