“Excellent Family Destination”
Review of Cape Point Hotel

Cape Point Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Recently stayed with my daughter and grandson. Cape Point had all the amenities we needed to make our stay a wonderful one, including indoor and outdoor pools, jacuzzi, a kiddie pool (which my grandson thoroughly enjoyed), a breakfast restaurant, super convenient location close to many attractions and restaurants. The hotel is very clean, and my grandson especially enjoyed the fish pond on the lower level. He called the big orange fish "Nemo", and once an employee came by and gave him some food to feed the fish. He was so excited. Staff is friendly, informative and responsive .The breakfast restaurant has very good food at extremely reasonable prices and free coffee by the lobby. I've already booked a return visit in September for a family suite with my son and family. There's a game room for older kids, and mini fridge in the room, which is great when you have small children.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Capecodafficianado

Reviewed August 1, 2008

I stayed at the cape point with a friend this past week. It was my first time in cape cod, and we checked out from a neighboring hotel (that we had stayed in for one night). The Cape Point was much cheaper, much cleaner than the other higher starred hotels in the area, and had excellent service. The rooms were clean, a good size, and well maintained. The reception staff was warm, helpful, friendly and very attentive. The hotel is well configured, giving an open, yet cozy feel. I really liked this and highly recommend it to anyone visiting cape cod, young adults and families alike.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank 231sunnyz
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We just got back from staying at the hotel and found the desk staff and general manager to be very helpful. They were able to solve a booking error caused by Expedia and patiently waited on hold with Expedia on our behalf in order to correct our issue. Our room was in good shape and also had a mini fridge, dvd player and a complimentary safe. The indoor pool and hot tub was very nice and relaxing. We did not use the outdoor pool but it was near our room and looked very nice as well. The interior of the hotel was set up nicely with a pond in the atrium with real fish! There was a game room and exercise room as well, although we did not use it. Parking was free and the location was great, easy access to the other towns on the cape. We also received coupons for $3 off dinner that could be used at some of the local restaurants. All in all, we had a great stay although we had also read the mixed reviews prior to our stay, we are happy to report that we didn't have any issues (other than Expedia booking us too many nights but that was Expedia's fault, not the hotel's fault) and it was a bargain for the price we paid and for the location.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adidas3404
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We stayed at the Cape Point Hotel over the week of July 4th. My fiance and I shared the family suite with my brother and sister-in-law. Upon booking we were told there was a common sitting area in the suite. When we arrived, the hotel looked more like a motel and there was no common area other than a hallway and extra sink. The rooms were dingy and had stains on walls/carpet and peeling wallpaper. The bathroom in this suite; intended for at least 4 people was tiny. The countertop was peeling around the sink. After a day at the beach our sheets were full of sand and we assumed they would be changed in the A.M. When we returned we slept on the sandy sheets. We had booked a trip on the Vineyard ferry and were told by hotel staff that a shuttle takes you from the hotel to the hyline ferry. In the morning we went to the lobby @830 am when the shuttle was supposed to leave only to be informed there was not shuttle today, thanks for the memo, and that the boat wasnt running. I was shocked since I had booked my tickets the nite before so I called hyline and the laughed and informed me that the boat was still running, just the shuttle wasnt, so I had to inform the front desk. I could have lost$276 if I hadnt had the smarts to call hyline myself. Overall there are better hotels in the area dont waste your money at this dumpy one.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Very disappointed with a recent stay at the Cape Point Hotel. The place is going downhill in a hurry. We stayed there previously and were quite satisfied, but this last trip was a horrible disappointment. The first night there was a cockroach in the bathroom. When my husband contacted the manager she arrived with prepared literature about wood roaches not being "Asian cockraches." I don't know about you, but to me a roach by any other name is still a roach. I didn't want to stay at all but since we tried to find another place within our budget but couldn't we took the offer of the hotel moving us to a suite upstairs. The room was dirty - stained carpet, peeling wallpaper , crud in the corners of the bathroom floor, the sink hadn't been cleaned and there was long black hair stuck in the refrigerator door. If the roach wasn't enough to gross you out, the hair and stained carpet finished me off. Turning down the covers to go to bed that night there was a deal mosquito on the pillow and some other unidentifiable green bug. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to go home. We'll never go back.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
7  Thank traveler426
innkeeper7, MANAGER at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2008

The Board of Health and Ecolabs confirmed that bug was a Wood Roach and not a cockroach. Big difference.Wood roaches live in bark mulch and wooded areas and do not like indoors. If they are indoors it is because a human transported it by shoe or other means. a Wood Roach is by no means a reflection on the cleanliness of the hotel.

Reviewed May 27, 2008

If you are looking for anything more than an old, run-down hotel, don't stay here. The first room we entered had a dirty bathroom, and peeling countertop on sink area. Mattresses are low quality and bedding poor. Everything about the place was old and cheap. Septic was overflowing from man-holes and area outside smelled horrible. Totally overpriced for quality of rooms. Pool closes at 7pm outside - yuck for summer. Kids can't even throw a ball around.

Reviewed May 15, 2008

I was a little worried after reading some of the negative reviews for this hotel. There was nothing to worry about. The front desk personnel were very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were very clean. We had a great breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the price was reasonable. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and the temp said 86 degrees.
I would definitley stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#10 of 22 in Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!