WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Cape Point Hotel

Cape Point Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
boston
“Nice getaway for school vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at the Cape Point for two nights during February school vacation week. They offered lots for the kids to do, from ice cream socials and pizza party to a juggler and clown. The kids had a blast along with swimming in the large pool and doing a fe arcade games. It was a great getaway and the kids had a blast. This is not my first stay at the hotel, and I'm sure it won't be my last. The only thing I wish worded better was the wifi service. It was intermittent and at times did not work at all. Other than that, we had a blast!

Room Tip: They have two views....parking lot or wooded area with a building behind it view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dmaffe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Hyannis, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Being forced to find a hotel due to loss of power .we found Cape Point. I can't tell enough how the Staff was so courteous to us and very accommodating . Steve the general manager was on top of it. We just loved Jennty the bartender. They made a bad experience a better one . I would say that most of the hotel was made of Cape Codders who they might not see again. That didn't alter the good service .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lor591
ROCKLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed Friday-Sunday at Cape Point Hotel. I called Friday morning to see if I could get into my room before 3:00 check-in time. I was told if the room was ready I could get in, if not I could use the pool area until it was ready. She said it was a very busy weekend. I asked if there could be a note beside my room for early check-in and she made a note of it.
When we arrived our room was ready at 1:00. We had a deluxe room on the second floor room 201. The room was very spacious and bright. It had two queen beds, a twin pull out couch, table and two chairs, coffee table, bureau and nice flat screen tv. The sink area to the bathroom was on the left wall as soon as you entered the room which was strange but worked for all our drinks and snacks. The mini fridge was under this vanity. Directly across from the large vanity was a small bathroom and shower. This might have been a problem for a large person, but was fine for us.
The room was clean and neat. We had excellent room housekeeping.
Now heres what put a damper on the weekend...the beds felt like we were sleeping on hard slabs. These had to be the super extra firm beds on the market. Were so used to high quality pillow tops when we stay at other hotels. They looked new and in good shape but were rock hard. This isnt the standard in all the rooms because the other couple we went with had the most comfy king bed.
The second day I saw housekeeping in my room and asked for another mattress cover, thinking this might help a bit, she did give me one but it didnt help much. What they really need for these beds is a memory foam or very thick mattress topper to offer guest that like a softer bed. Nothing can ruin your stay than a bad nights sleep.
We spent a good amount of time in the pool area and it was very quiet. We were expecting a crowd, being a busy weekend but it was very relaxing. Lots of tables, chairs and chaises open. We also checked out the lounge which was very cozy with lots of tv's. We had two rounds of drinks and the mixed drinks were very well made and at a good price.
They have free Wi-Fi here but its very sketchy in the rooms. The best reception was the closer you got to the main office. I used my ipad mostly in the pool area. There was free coffee in the lobby when the cafe wasnt open. We had breakfast in the cafe and it was excellent, service was great too! I thought the prices were very good.
All in all it was a nice relaxing weekend and I would stay again...bringing my own cushy bed topper..just in case.

Room Tip: If you like extra firm beds pick room 201. Second floor room are quieter than first floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janice M
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The Cape Point hotel couldn't be any better! The staff is fantastic, the rooms are great, the indoor pool and hot tub are wonderful. A superb play to stay! A perfect play to come to get away. Very near all sort of tourist & shopping adventures. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ArnoldCt
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you’ve stayed at motels/hotels/back ally rooms on rt 28 you know that generally the really really really stink (literally and figuratively).

We’ve been coming to the Cape and islands for many years. Often on our Nantucket trip we like to come out a couple days early, enjoy Hyannis, get our Arnold’s fix (Wellfleet), and just get a little pre-vacation in. Well, we’ve been searching for a solid, budget concise place to stay for a long time. We’ve tried numerous other hotels (10+) on rt28 and have had horrible experiences. Which is the reason for the title….

I think we’ve found a slice of rt 28 budget hotel paradise. ALL we want is a clean, solid room, with a clean pool. That’s it. We’re not expecting a Marriot (if so, we’d simply stay at one!) with flat screens, high-end everything. No, just a clean, functional room. I think we’ve found it!

Room:
Have I said clean enough? I know I’ve seen some other reviews that said they weren’t happy, but our experience was only positive. A clean room! Nice big beds, everything worked. Was there some wear? Yes, but at a budget price, should you expect the Ritz?

Pool: Spacious and clean. Kids had a BALL.

Extras: A small arcade room, which the kids loved.

Location: Centrally located. Easy to Hyannis, to Rt 6 (if you are heading out to Wellfleet!), rt 28 does have it’s typical traffic, but not to crazy.

We will be trying this again in August prior to our Nantucket trip, to see how it holds up in-season (this was a fall trip). Fully expect to be satisfied once again. Sorry to make this sooooo long, its just we've had so many poor experiences on rt28!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank declue
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Spacious and clean rooms. Helpfull staff. Free parking right outside our room. There's a small cafe on site that serves a great breakfast at a good price. Close to the shore and beaches. Cape Cod mall is closeby aswell if you need to do some shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anouschkar
Morehead, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Neat clean rooms with comfortable beds, granite sink, and ceramic tile in bathroom. Pleasant atmosphere and helpful staff... some were Eastern European students. Small restaurant on site but breakfast may not be included, although our tour group leader made arrangements for a nice one to be provided. No nearby fast food restaurant. Stayed there three days and would readily return.

Room Tip: Request room near stairway/elevator to avoid long hallway treks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Hyannis
#7 of 22 in Hyannis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!