“5 star service!”

Lambert's Cove Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lambert's Cove Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Public transportation stops 1/2 mile from the restaurant.
Description: The Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant is known as one of the most romantic retreats on Martha's Vineyard. Situated on 7 acres of spacious lawns, gardens, forest and meadowlands in the pastoral town of West Tisbury, it offers tranquility and seclusion. The Restaurant offers one of the best dining experiences on the island. Enjoy the ambiance of our elegant dining room with it's beautiful fireplaces and 100 year old grand piano featuring live entertainment in season. Our dinner menu rotates, featuring fresh island seafood, veal, beef, poultry, in-season vegetables from local gardens and farms, homemade soups, breads and delicious desserts. The Restaurant is not appropriate for children under the age of 8 (with the exception of Mother’s Day and Easter brunches). Note: The restaurant is no longer BYOB!
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“5 star service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went to Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant with my wife and 93 years young mother-in-law recently in June during restaurant week! Finest service I have seen in a long time with everyone waiting on you. Food was outstanding and fresh quality local fish, and vegetables fresh and grown on island farms, plus their own herbs garden! I would recommend this to all my friends. Wouldn't be surprised if the President chose to eat here with his family on their August vacation on the island! Decor of lounge rooms as you go in superb, to sit and relax and talk or read.
Bob Trostel

• Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible meal at a beautiful inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time, and this is coming from a Foodie who lives in the West Village of NYC.

Before I get to the food I need to talk about the inn. Everything was just starting to bloom when I was there in early June. The landscape of the inn consisted of mostly fruit and vegetable plants. The owners, who were kind enough to give us a private tour of the grounds, explained their goal is to use the home grown produce in their recipes. They had a newly constructed chicken coup consisted of a few dozen chicken which provide the Inn with eggs for the restaurant's breakfast dishes. (The owners even gave us a dozen eggs to take home after our meal!) There were also two baby goats that were only 4 weeks old, and they got along perfectly with Mavis, the resident miniature collie. The dining room for the Inn (as well as the Inn as a whole) is finely decorated, giving you a very at-home feel.

Now for the meal I started out with the Baby Greens salad which I would absolutely recommend to all. It was very fresh and light tasting, the perfect salad for a summer menu. The others at my table all ordered the Caesar and let's just say they were jealous of my decision. Our table also got an order of the scallops, which had great texture (not chewy) and definitely a safe bet.

For the main course I shared the Baked Local Codfish and the Filet Mignon. Both the codfish and filet were delicious. But what really made the dishes were the accoutrements. The sautéed spaghetti squash that came with the codfish was so sweet and tasteful that I actually asked for some more on the side. That, along with the tomato relish, combined perfectly to give the dish a clean, healthy taste. The filet was cooked perfectly, and the port wine syrup was a great addition to give the filet a bolder taste. But my favorite part of this dish was the lyonnaise potatoes. They were charred just enough to give them some crunch and a hint of the burnt taste, yet not so much in that it still maintained the full potato taste.

I wasn't too impressed with the creme brûlée dessert. But everyone was happy to try that evenings special of apple pie and ice cream. We were told that the chef makes all pastries and desserts by hand (in addition to the ciabatta bread provided for all tables), and has constantly accepted the challenge of creating new items for the restaurant.

All in all I was least impressed with the dessert. But that isn't enough to take away a full star in my review. The service was great, the owners were so kind in taking the time to speak with us and show us around, and even to give us home crown eggs to leave with. I would absolutely recommend Lambert's Cove.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lee C
Massachusetts
“Will definitely be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

What an excellent dining experience. Everything was top notch.

Location - please note that you will need to drive or take a taxi here. Lambert's Cove is out of the way, but sometimes you need to eat at a quiet, romantic place without music and/or TVs blaring.

Service - impeccable. Our waiter Greg didn't hover or disappear.

Menu - great selection of local products. We had the baked cod and teres major. Perfectly prepared. Desserts were also great.

We will be back again next year.

Visited June 2014
Enfield, Connecticut
“Amazing find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I go to MV every summer. Last year we wanted to try something new so we drover around looking for a restaurant we had not yet experienced. We stumbled upon Lambet's and it immediately became our new favorite! The owner's were so kind, warm and friendly - the atmosphere was elegant and serene - and of course, the most important thing, the food was amazing! Safe to say we will be going back this summer, and most likely a few times during the week. If you ever get the chance to try Lambert's I would HIGHLY recommend it!

2 Thank Joel N
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wedding bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Many thanks to the entire Lambert's Cove Restaurant staff for making our wedding reception so celebratory. From the minute I walked into Lambert's Cove, I knew we were somewhere special. The distinctive rooms were warm, personal and perfectly suited for our event. The group included 46 adults and 3 toddlers.

The appetizers, beverages, dinner and service were all exemplary. We enjoyed and appreciated the delightful and pleasant servers, the last minute re-arrangement of tables, the accommodations made for the three toddlers, the decadent menu, attention to detail and the ease of working with you, your manager and executive chef. Mike, the executive chef, went out of his way to tailor the menu to the guests' preferences. Thank you for it all. Our friends and family were happy, and thus, so were we. Well done, everyone!

Our only regret is that we weren't able to explore the beautiful grounds, as the sun was setting as we were arriving. We look forward to returning for a stay at the Inn and another fabulous meal.

Alex and Taylor