“Great tapas”

Rouge
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Contemporary French cuisine using local ingredients, serving the local community as well as second home owners and visitors to our region consistently for the past sixteen years. Voted "Best of the Berkshires 2016". We offer two menus, a more formal menu in the dining room areas, and a bar/ tapas menu in the Bistro room and bar. We offer later hours on the weekend throughout the summer season, and to go meals.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The tapas menu is a great way to try many different dishes. Sometimes its busy, so get there early. The string beans are amazing, the duck spring rolls and the sirloin tapa are great choices. Oh some like the saffron mussels as well.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I travel all over North America teaching and have a favorite restaurant or two in every location I visit. The atmosphere and menu at Rouge is as vibey as any of the great places I've found. The menu is varied and the specials are always excellent. I love the Tapas and when I grieve because they've taken a favorite off the menu, they always manage to replace it with one that becomes a new favorite. We live locally and this is our most frequent restaurants of choice. The atmosphere is lively but never loud and it's large enough to always find a quite place to talk intimately when thats what we want. A local treasure and an excellent destination if you are coming from out of town. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Being from Florida, we had no idea how small West Stockbridge would be. Our innkeeper in Lenox raved about Rouge, however, so we made the short drive to W.S. and we're surprised to find such a good restaurant in such a very small place. The whole menu looked good, but we opted for tapas. Our waitress, Hannah, was very personable and extremely knowledgeable and helpful with the menu. Get the duck confit, ribs, and fried polenta. Superb. I highly recommend this restaurant. Great cozy atmosphere, too.

1  Thank flfrank
Reviewed September 22, 2012

From the wine and cocktails, to tapas and entrees, to dessert, every aspect of Rouge is consistently stellar. The owners have created a warm, comfortable, unique atmosphere. The food is always delicious, and the staff is knowledgable and friendly. My husband and I have recently moved away from the Berkshires, and frequently crave William's Duck Confit! I would recommend this restaurant to any food-lover.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

When ti comes to charm, this place takes the gateau. Lovely, UNPRETENTIOUS decor, delicious food, convivial waitstaff, and the governor of Massachusetts hanging out, pretending to be invisible...The soup was super (who knew tomatoes, leeks and potatoes worked so well together?) and the duck was delightful. We'll be back, for sure.

1  Thank David A