“For $45 a night, this place delivers”

Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge
Newton, Massachusetts
“For $45 a night, this place delivers”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Clean sheets, great sturdy mattress, clean bathrooms, flat screen TV. The continental breakfast is a bit meager but for $45 a night we got a king bed in a non smoking room and had a great nights rest. It's a bed with a roof, not fancy, but very functional and cheap.

Room Tip: It's right off the highway, so if you have trouble falling asleep with trucks rumbling in the b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank techruiter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brewster, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

great location, nice pool for the money and they include a small breakfast . Linens outdated room looks like 1970 but very clean. Staff friendly. Close to highway and Tanglewood. I have stayed at other places equal in price in this area and they did not have a pool. which helps when you have kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank planetjf
Danbury, CT
Reviewed August 30, 2013

the motel is decent value for the money: has many amenities like fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, TV, hair dyer, but no clock. The mgr. said we would have 2 queen beds, but when we arrived we discovered they were two double beds only. Asked for advice on restaurants for dinner and got no help other than to go into town and look around. Lotsa luck: some were closed on a Wed. and another was hidden off the main drag---kinda frustrating when you are tired and hungry and it's late. It's an okay place if one is not too fussy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunshine1492
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I will definitely return! I booked the motel using Hotwire and got a rate of $42.00 including taxes. I was suspicious at the low price but booked anyway based on the generally good reviews on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed. Yes, it is not new but it was clean. No, there isn't a HD wide screen TV but the TV that was there worked just fine. The room I had came with two double beds and they were very comfortable. The bathroom had been totally renovated with a new shower stall bath tub combo, a new tile, toilet and vanity that was done very well. Obviously the owner has read the reviews of his motel and taken steps to correct them. It was very quiet and the location of the motel is superb if you want to explore The Berkshires as it would serve as an excellent base station to return to every night. As a bonus the room came with two very comfortable chairs for sitting in, a microwave, good size refrigerator if you were staying multiple days. If I was the owner I would replace some of the outdated lights, put in a HD wide screen TV and raise the rates by $10.00 or so a night. I will go back even if the owner doesn't make these changes as it is such great value, clean, quite, and comfortable. Everything a motel must be to be successful. A cold breakfast was also included of coffee, orange juice, and cereal. A very nice touch. I plan on returning to tour The Berkshires and this is where I will stay but I think I will book well in advance as there are only a limited number of rooms.

Room Tip: I was in a middle unit but didn't hear any noise which was nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eagle1623
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have stayed here for the past 3 years when we go to Tanglewood. While I was never keen on the place, it was adequate for our needs, the price was right, and each time we only stayed one night. We just returned from our latest overnight there and we will definitely not be going back. The owner is nice enough, and even told us that some of the rooms were renovated and that the mattresses were new last year. Well, getting in from the concert after midnight, my husband, as is his custom, yanked the covers off the bed prior to laying down. At that point, I couldn't help but notice that the sheets were flat sheets rather than fitted and did not cover the sides of the mattress. The mattress itself was stained (and we were in a renovated room). The pillow almost smelled dank. Since I was tired and had no place else to sleep, I slept in my clothes and when I awoke I lifted the sheets to see a decrepit and filthy mattress cover. I can overlook many things, but a filthy bed is not one of them. My advice: if you stay here, check the bed first!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank RWNW

Travelers are raving about these West Stockbridge hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 14, 2013

To put it simply, this is exactly how I imagine motels were in the 60s - a roadside place where you pull your car right up to the door for the night. It has basic amenities, plus strong wifi (multiple routers), a small breakfast, and a pool (which we didn't use). Most noticeably, the owner seemed very warm and interested in us enjoying our stay, and the price is unbelievable for being in a resort/tourist area like this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank uclabobby
West Stockbridge
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We found the accommodation comfortable, clean and spacious, and very good value for money. We were travelling as a family of four and it was perfect for our needs. We appreciate the attention to caring for the garden, but perhaps don't run the hedge trimmers while guests are eating breakfast outside?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Shaker Mill Inn
Shaker Mill Inn
#1 of 1 in West Stockbridge

Been to Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge? Share your experiences!