“Fabulous Accommodations!”
Review of Shaker Mill Inn

Shaker Mill Inn
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This is a great place to stay in the Berkshires. Tucked away behind a restaurant, it doesn't look like much from the outside, but the rooms were all recently renovated and are gorgeous inside, with all amenities you could ask for. The prices aren't the cheapest, but you get value for your money. The owners are very friendly and really care about their guests. I strongly recommend a stay at this place.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 31, 2010

Three adults traveling together, we chose the largest suite at the inn, which provided two bedrooms, two baths, and a living area that equaled the size of both berooms together. The living area had a complete kitchen (e.g., large refrigerator not a mini) and two sofa beds. The whole suite would accommodate 6 people. Like several offerings at the inn, ours was actually the combination of two separate rooms linked by a small vestibule just inside the principal entry off a staircase. We paid no more than what a standard room would cost in the heart of the Lenox/Stockbridge area yet were only a few miles and minutes away down those great rural byways that are one of the Berkshires' main attractions. Several quite respectable restaurants are in walking distance along with small groceries, "touristical" shops, and liquor stores. Service and amenities were impressive without being especially luxe, more like what you'd expect at a good bed and breakfast than a city hotel. Lots of maps, travel brochures, current magazines, games, and books are examples. The owner/inkeepers were very friendly and helpful without being obtrusive, again much like a top-notch B&B.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My wife and I have busy city lives and we love to break away to unwind. We just got home from three days at the Shaker Mill Inn (first time) and we are very glad we stayed there. Let me sum it up: the room was immaculately clean, well-appointed, quiet, comfortable, and stocked with everything we needed. The Berkshire location is beautiful. The owners are truly friendly, relaxed, and thoughtful people. They made it clear that we could ask them if we needed anything, but then they respected our peace and privacy. Simply put, this is a very good place at a very reasonable price. There is a great breakfast place and a tavern right next door. There are all kinds of things to do in the area, but we went just to relax, though I did drive my wife to the nearby Prime Outlet shopping area. For our purposes, I give this place a perfect review all around, and I'm not all that easy to please.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Talking_Traveler
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed there nearly 14 days. It was our base for cruising around the Berkshires.
Each day the breakfast was interesting, we could choose between bacon, egg, muffins & pancakes but several times we had vouchers for nearby breakfast places, like Noog & Cranny or Perk in the Berk.
Twice the hosts totally forgot us and we had to buy something by ourselves. At the end we had paid nearly 50 $ for breakfast outside the Inn although we paid for B&B because the vouchers never fit with the prices outside. (we got the money back at the end of our stay)
Room was clean, litter too small and first try to open up our windows ends nearly in a destroy disaster. Beds were okay. There a signs everywhere that you should save the earth by minimize your waste and the energy. But every time we went back into our room there were always the lights on! Although we switched them off before we left!
Bob & Mary are nice, they bought the Inn 2 years ago and maybe they have to fit into the role as hosts.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We found the Inn on the Internet and were pleasantly surprised that it exceeded our expectations. We arrived at night to find a friendly note welcoming us to the Inn. Upon entering the Greylock room we were greeted with soft music, a bottle of wine and a view of the mountains behind the Inn. Bob came by to welcome us and suggest a few eateries. However, the Greylock was so warm and inviting it was an effort to leave the room. We went to the adjacent Tavern for a low key and enjoyable evening. We wandered around the Village and then headed back to relax in the cozy room. From the continental breakfast to the soaking salts for the bath, Bob and his wife have thought of everything to make a stay at their Inn a truly memorable experience. We look forward to returning.

1  Thank travelingbuddha
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Found this gem online while searching for a place in the Berkshires....my first choice was a simple hotel - but for the same price, we stayed in the lovely honeymoon suite at the Shaker Mill Inn. From the time I drove up, to the time I picked up my personalized note at the front office.....welcoming me and telling me that my room had been prepared....I was in awe at the attention to detail. I walked in, the fire was going, the room was bright and fresh and I was like a kid in a candy store, looking behind every door and waiting for the next surprise! Bob, one of the innkeepers, came to check on me and welcome me - it was Christmas day- and I began my w/end stay relaxed and comfortable. When I opened the frig to put away my items I had brought, there was a wonderful surprise, quiche for the morning, fruit, juice, condiments and fresh baked goodies in the basket! Teas, coffees, popcorn, hot cocoa - all at the lovely buffet in the kitchen. The town is totally walk-able, and there is a tavern just about a stones throw away. The private entrance and the deck on the back was just perfect, and I can imagine ourselves there in the fall and/or summer time sitting out there, enjoying the view. Quiet, clean, comfortable and WAY affordable. Oh, and total relaxation in the (bigger than) 2 person jacuzzi tub in the spacious bathroom! Don't miss the opportunity to check this place out before going anywhere else. Within minutes we were at the Rockwell Museum, the Furnace Brook Winery, the Prime Outlet Stores and the sweetest shops in West Stockbridge. A do-over for sure! And a new tradition for this happy couple.

1  Thank njmack
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We were simply looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the holidays for one night. We found our perfect escape in a night in the Honeymoon Suite of the Shaker Mill Inn. It was everything that we were hoping for with lots of little extras. The two person spa tub was heavenly. The bed was very comfortable. The best surprise of the trip was the Tavern just yards away from our door with the most delicious twist on pub fare that we have ever experienced. We left relaxed, rejuvinated, and reconnected.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Stockbridge
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Windflower Inn
Windflower Inn
#2 of 12 in Great Barrington

Been to Shaker Mill Inn? Share your experiences!