“Lovely place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Shaker Mill Inn
Massachusetts
“Lovely place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed for one night, during what I assume is a very busy time in the area! Tanglewood, James Taylor, July 4. Room was large, comfortable, and had everything you could possibly need. Bob is a warm and welcoming host. Area is very quiet, and you can easily walk to a few restaurants. An easy, 4 mile drive to Tanglewood.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wrenthamite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mass.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We only stayed 1 night, but really wish it could have been longer. My husband and I went here to be near Tanglewood, and our room and patio were just lovely. I love that this is an inn with a delicious breakfast, but there's lots of privacy and none of that shared breakfast duty. I would go back for sure, and, as a writer, might avail of this nice quiet spot off season to get some work done.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank AGMass.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Honeymoon Suite for two nights after we got married. The room was wonderful! Big comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom with large jacuzzi tub and a complimentary bottle of wine. They also had a container of freshly ground coffee, fresh baked goods, and even quiche in the fridge for the morning! Our wedding reception finished at 11pm, so it was around 11:40 when we finally got to the Inn. They were super awesome and very hospitable. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Garden Room, which has a private deck with a loveseat rocking chair, dog gate, and patio table. Inside, the room was kept very cozy and immaculate, with a big bed, private bathroom, a small kitchen equipped with essentials (a toaster oven, microwave oven, refrigerator-freezer combo, coffee maker, sink, etc.). We loved the thoughtful doggy basket with blanket, towels, and a book of dog-friendly hikes in the region. The included breakfast can be enjoyed in the room, on the deck, or in the well-kept garden. Adjoining the inn are some nice trails for exercising canine companions (who are very much welcomed at this establishment), and the inn is also just a few minutes' walk from all of West Stockbridge's eateries, the farmer's market, and other conveniences of town.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just spent a couple nights here and enjoyed every moment. The Greylock suite was like having an apartment. They literally have everything you would need to be comfortable. Yes, the pillows were a little hard, but that is a small quibble. Very fair price for a really wonderful spot. Be sure to go to Rouge, walking distance from the inn.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mouth of Wilson, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had a great get together here last week with sisters from around the country. The location was very easy to get to from 90 yet quiet and walking distance from restaurants and store. Bob was very friendly and set us up with some enjoyable hikes to go on.We had campfires at night in the yard with the full moon. Everything in the rooms were clean and comfortable,felt like home.If you stay, walk in to the Vietnamese restaurant in town for an enjoyable time. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed in the Tanglewood room and it was even better than I expected. Plenty of room, plenty of amenities, great price. I was traveling with my dogs for a dog agility show. Upon arriving, no one was in the office, but the owners left me a note detailing my reservation and information to know about the Inn and the room. In the confirmation email, it had stated there may not be anyone in the office when I arrived, and if that was the case, my room would be left open with the key inside. And that is exactly what happened, and was totally convenient. As I was unpacking my car, Bob (the owner) came down and pointed out a few things in the room and let me know to call him if I have any questions. Later on, I met Bob's wife Mary, and she recommended a few restaurants to go to and we chatted about our dogs. Bob and Mary are very pleasant people and want to make sure you have everything you need so that your stay in comfortable.
The room had everything I needed and more. I loved the little bone basket they left with the doggie goodies. The kitchenette was convenient for my dogs' food. The TV had all the channels you need. The bed was very comfortable. There were bathrobes, an iron and board, coffee, tea and hot cocoa, a microwave, coffee maker, dishes and silverware, shampoo and body wash in the shower, hair spray, hair dryer. They really did think of everything.
I absolutely will be back to this place if I am in the area again for a dog show, or any other reason. It was just lovely. A real highlight of the weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Cornell Inn Lenox
Cornell Inn Lenox
#3 of 23 in Lenox
4.5 of 5 stars 412 reviews

Been to Shaker Mill Inn? Share your experiences!