“Dog-friendly B&B with garden and trails”
Review of Shaker Mill Inn

Shaker Mill Inn
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Garden Room, which has a private deck with a loveseat rocking chair, dog gate, and patio table. Inside, the room was kept very cozy and immaculate, with a big bed, private bathroom, a small kitchen equipped with essentials (a toaster oven, microwave oven, refrigerator-freezer combo, coffee maker, sink, etc.). We loved the thoughtful doggy basket with blanket, towels, and a book of dog-friendly hikes in the region. The included breakfast can be enjoyed in the room, on the deck, or in the well-kept garden. Adjoining the inn are some nice trails for exercising canine companions (who are very much welcomed at this establishment), and the inn is also just a few minutes' walk from all of West Stockbridge's eateries, the farmer's market, and other conveniences of town.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I just spent a couple nights here and enjoyed every moment. The Greylock suite was like having an apartment. They literally have everything you would need to be comfortable. Yes, the pillows were a little hard, but that is a small quibble. Very fair price for a really wonderful spot. Be sure to go to Rouge, walking distance from the inn.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had a great get together here last week with sisters from around the country. The location was very easy to get to from 90 yet quiet and walking distance from restaurants and store. Bob was very friendly and set us up with some enjoyable hikes to go on.We had campfires at night in the yard with the full moon. Everything in the rooms were clean and comfortable,felt like home.If you stay, walk in to the Vietnamese restaurant in town for an enjoyable time. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed in the Tanglewood room and it was even better than I expected. Plenty of room, plenty of amenities, great price. I was traveling with my dogs for a dog agility show. Upon arriving, no one was in the office, but the owners left me a note detailing my reservation and information to know about the Inn and the room. In the confirmation email, it had stated there may not be anyone in the office when I arrived, and if that was the case, my room would be left open with the key inside. And that is exactly what happened, and was totally convenient. As I was unpacking my car, Bob (the owner) came down and pointed out a few things in the room and let me know to call him if I have any questions. Later on, I met Bob's wife Mary, and she recommended a few restaurants to go to and we chatted about our dogs. Bob and Mary are very pleasant people and want to make sure you have everything you need so that your stay in comfortable.
The room had everything I needed and more. I loved the little bone basket they left with the doggie goodies. The kitchenette was convenient for my dogs' food. The TV had all the channels you need. The bed was very comfortable. There were bathrobes, an iron and board, coffee, tea and hot cocoa, a microwave, coffee maker, dishes and silverware, shampoo and body wash in the shower, hair spray, hair dryer. They really did think of everything.
I absolutely will be back to this place if I am in the area again for a dog show, or any other reason. It was just lovely. A real highlight of the weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing time in the Berkshires at The Shaker Mill Inn. The rooms were homey and extremely clean. They stock the fridge and room the day before with breakfast for the next day, which were delish! The property was beautiful and the owners were lovely! Will be back!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Wonderful spot. Quaint and peaceful - great hospitality. We weren't bothered at all and breakfast was delightful. It was a half way point for a quick girls weekend and easy to get to and accessible from 90. Great food choices within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our one-night stay in the "honeymoon suite" was all too brief! The bed and linens were very comfortable, the room is roomy, the jacuzzi and gas fireplace were delightful, and the access to the back patio is great. We appreciated the ample supply of towels, and the kitchenette was well stocked, with coffees, teas, cocoa, honey, milk, orange juice and just about anything else you could think of (scissors! corkscrew! tin foil!). The pastries and quiche that were left for us were pretty good--not quite the same as a cooked breakfast, but very decent. Our only concern was with several places in the unit where the floor is uneven: there are a few steps here and there, and places where the hardwood meets tile. We just had to be careful in the unfamiliar setting.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Windflower Inn
#2 of 12 in Great Barrington
6 mi away
Federal House Inn

Been to Shaker Mill Inn? Share your experiences!