“Off the beaten path, very individual”
Review of Hoffman's Pottery

Hoffman's Pottery
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular arts and crafts store located in picturesque West Stockbridge.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hoffman Pottery is located on the property (presumably attached to the house) of the artist - so you feel exactly like you're pulling into someone's driveway when you go. The shop is set up to be open to visitors without having to be fully staffed - so you ring a bell and go in and the lights come on. It's a small shop, and clearly a very personal enterprise.

I'm a little introverted by nature, so this was very upclose and personal but I'm glad I went. Her pottery is lovely, with some unique patterns and color combinations I enjoyed. I do agree w/ some of the other reviews that it is definitely on the pricey end for pottery, and one does feel some pressure to buy in such a one on one environment. But I enjoyed the shop and can certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys handmade items and personal artistry. If you just want some nice mugs at a good price this probably isn't the shop for you. But if you like individual pieces, and enjoy buying directly from the artist in her own studio, you'd probably really enjoy a stop here.

2  Thank EMBMaryland_DC

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Unique pottery.As soon as you walk in your surrounded by colorful pieces that are thoughtfully merchandised. A great place to find a one of a kind gift for a wedding or birthday.....Elaine also does plate painting classes .A nice idea for a rainy day with children.

3  Thank Mary T
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We passed this off the road cottage with cute pottery frogs in the garden a few weeks ago outside of Great Barrington. My wife liked a few pieces there but compared with the magnificent pottery that we saw in Lennox it was way,way overpriced. Nevertheless, my wife decided to buy one of the expensive kitchen sets. Unfortunately they were out of the sugar bowel but we were told that when the next batch was made they would ship it to us. We ended up being charged an extra $7.50 for making the bowel (which they were going to make in any event) and $24 for shipping. When the packet arrived we found that the shipping costs were actually $8.85. Finally, to add insult to injury a note in the packet stated that we still owed them $0.80!!!. After we just spent over $500!. Are you kidding? So, save your money, go shopping in Lennox, the pottery there is magnificent and for the price well worth it.

2  Thank SilverJon
Reviewed May 24, 2013

All products are created by the owner. Beautifully done, but too expensive for me. A small house on the offside of the road that needs a uturn to get to.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you like pottery, you will definitely find some unique pieces here. Combine your visit with a trip to the Hilltop Orchards which is close by.

3  Thank pmc2428