“Decent place, no big complaints”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Really not a bad place to stay. It was a little harder to find than we expected, though we were driving at night. Just a few turns off of the main road. The hotel itself was clean and looked as though it had been renovated in the last few years. It did not have a shabby feel to it. Breakfast was good and included eggs and sausage, yogurt, and a variety of baked goods and fruit.

Our biggest complaint was that we both woke-up a little sore. The pillows were maybe too thick, leaving our necks at too much of an angle.

All in all, a good value for what we paid.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We thought the proximity to main attractions was perfect. We were able to go to six flags new england in minutes, shop at the holyoke mall, and eat a great restaurant in springfield. The atmosphere surrounding this property was not appealing and the smell of smoke was very uninviting as you entered the lobby. The woman who checked me in was very unfriendly( almost like she was doing me a favor to wait on me). But.....once you got inside the room it was beautiful, comfortable, and WELL worth the $99 price. The pool was clean and nice. They had a nice breakfast available to guests.

Room Tip: Bottom floor near the lobby
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked this hotel as it was in our price range for a suite for our family of 5 who were going to Six Flags New England. We arrived after 8:30pm, and waited at the front desk for over 11 mins as there was no one there to check us in. We had a suite and it was the dirtiest room I have ever stayed in. The upkeep was very poor, with the carpet baseboard peeling away from the wall and the wallpaper and paint peeling. There were wrappers behind and under the beds, cobwebs next to the curtains and behind the headboards, and to top it all off there was old coffee in the coffee pot that had mold growing in it!! We could hear a cricket chirping in our room, we had to pull out the refrigerator and catch it to get rid of it (I don't think the fridge has ever been pulled out to be cleaned). The cupboard door was falling off. When I went to settle in for the night we had to go to the front desk and ask for a clean set of sheets as there was something on the sheet that looked as though someone used it to wipe their nose - it was disgusting.The poor woman working in the breakfast room was very nice and worked extremely hard-unlike the evening front desk employee who spent half the time on the phone or out in front of the hotel smoking.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Room had a lot in it ... too much!! Besides the two queen beds, there was a large stand-alone closet, a round table with 2 chairs, and a long dresser with the TV and microwave on it and frig under it. The room wasn't big enough for all this! Nice size bathroom and comfortable beds. Female at checkin was not very friendly, just mechanical with no smiles. Continental breakfast was decent with cereals, waffles, sausage, fruits, yogurt, toast, muffins, bagels, coffee, juices, etc. Hotel was clean. Pool looked nice. Good location and close to Six Flags New England.

1  Thank sherryvr
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

If you have a coupon for this hotel make sure you call ahead. I've tried this hotel three times now and not once did they honor my coupon.

The rooms are decent and the breakfast is typical Comfort Inn breakfast with waffle machine, fruit, etc.

The wireless internet was adequate. Will I stay here again? No. I don't like the fact they have coupons they don't honor. I'd rather pay a little extra somewhere else than to be lied too.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank burbankjim1418
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had booked a package deal for this hotel that included 2 day passes for 6 Flags New England. I booked the room online. At the time of the booking, I indicated 4 kids and 1 adult. I had two teenagers and 2 younger kids going, 3 of us have 6 Flags Season passes the 2 included tickets would be used for the two kids who didn't have a pass.
When I arrived to the hotel area it was a little confusing finding the actual hotel. It was in the back of some run down parking lots and empty warehouses/unoccupied businesses. It also looked like there was some kind of indoor ice rink near by. Other than that, there's nothing you could easily walk to from the hotel. There were some other hotels, restaurants and stores in the area but not accessible by foot.
Upon check in I mentioned to the young lady behind the front desk that I had a reservation for the night for 5 people. She said to me the room I have reserved has only 2 queen beds in it. I told her that my reservation states "sleeps 5". I told her I thought it was 2 queen beds and a pull out couch in the room. She replied "there's no couch in your room". I pointed at the 4 kids i had with me and told her we would not all fit in 2 beds. I asked her if we could request a roll-away bed or something. She replied "we don't do cots or anything at this hotel."
I was really getting frustrated. Why would my online reservation say "sleeps 5" if it was just 2 beds? I happened to have my reservation saved to my cell phone and showed the front desk clerk. Her reply to me was "I don't know why it says that, there's only 2 beds in the room". She did not offer me any type of resolution or room upgrade. I asked her if she had any bigger rooms available. I did not want to have to pay for a second room. She said "Well we have suites with 2 queen beds and an open out couch in them". I'm sure I looked at her like she was an idiot. I felt like I was pulling teeth to get info. I also felt like the clerk didn't care one way or the other. I said "Well I guess we have no choice. We will take the suite that is available. How much more will that cost me?". It was an extra $40. Still cheaper than a 2nd room, not as cheap as a roll away would have been and there was no discount offered to me. No apology was made for the botched room reservation. Nothing was done to compensate me for the misleading online reservation. I was very polite to the clerk despite the way I was feeling.
I was not looking for any kind of hand out but a gesture to say sorry for the mix up would have been nice. I feel that If you book a room online and the reservation states the room sleeps 5, the room should be big enough to accommodate 5.
As far as the actual hotel goes, the suite was OK.. could use some updating (new paint/wall paper, carpet etc). The bathroom counter area around the sink was pretty gross. There was someone else's either soap or lotion or something still on the counter. I wiped it off myself and didn;t bring it to anyone's attention. One of the two tvs in the room wasn't receiving the cable signal. I had to call and have someone come to the room to fix that. It was quickly resolved.
The indoor pool and hot tub were nice, the kids enjoyed swimming in them (it was raining when we arrived). The pool area seemed really clean too, with towels available.
The breakfast was pretty good. They kept everything well stocked. It was a typical continental buffet but they had make your own waffles (we passed on those, the line was too long), assorted breads, some fresh fruit and yogurt, boiled eggs, and some sausage.
It took us about 10 minutes to drive to 6 flags. The hotel was OK for one night's stay. They need to fix their room reservation thing online and the staff could be a little friendlier.

Room Tip: Call the hotel ahead of time to be sure you are booking the room size you need. Their online reserva...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I stayed in a suit July 5-7th for a mini vacation to go to six flags. The room was not as clean as I would have liked. The kitchen had a dirty sponge on the sink that smelled and caused the whole kitchen area to smell. The bathroom also could have been cleaner. The staff was also less then helpful, the first morning house keeping showed up around 8 am as we where just finishing showers and dressing. I had asked her to come back later. We returned to the room at approximately 11pm and the room had not been cleaned nor did we get fresh towels or coffee for the next day. The next morning I went in search for the quest laundry and stumbled on to the hotel laundry room with two employees sitting inside chatting, I peaked in and one of the women pointed to the door and was shaking her head at me. I asked where I could find the quest laundry and the women seemed bothered and just pointed down the hall and told me “by the desk". We will not be going back to The Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: Choose different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family