“Great for a short stay”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Long Island, NY
“Great for a short stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stopped here on our way to New Hampshire. It was a little out of the way. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The price was OK. We all enjoyed the free continental breakfast. In addition to the usual foods, there was also scrambled eggs, sausages, hard boiled eggs, yogurt etc... It was fine to stay here for an overnight. I have no complaints.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here overnight on a trip to Maine. The heater fan was old and was making bearing noise. Also the refrigerator was loud. So I had to use earplugs to sleep.
But the worst thing was, I fell in the bathtub that morning, while taking a shower! My spine banged on the tub and my toes were smashed hard, and I screamed with pain.
I checked and there was no antislip protection on the bathtub. It was very slippery. I don't remember that it had a grab bar, either.
I told a guy at the front desk about my fall and said they needed antislip protection in the bathtub. He told me their franchise agreement prohibited an antislip coating! And he told me I could have a bathmat if I wanted.
This is NOT enough. You can't foresee everything. I was in a hurry, and I've come to assume that bathtubs will have antislip protection.
Any kind of fall is dangerous and serious. I wasn't seriously hurt. I was in pain and limping for about a day, then I was OK except for a purple toe. But it could OBVIOUSLY be a lot worse, and I'm shocked that these people don't do something about their slippery bathtub(s). Bathtubs have hard projections like soap dishes, and people could hit their heads in a fall. If I'd been an 80-year old with osteoporosis I might never walk again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these West Springfield hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed her for 10 days and it was the best place to stay the mid shift lady is very nice and friendly the breakfast was good very clean and updated rooms . my hubby and i travel alot and we have stayed in many hotel's and we have not been very happy with most of the places we had stayed but this one here i give it a 100% and plus ! We will def stay here when we go back there .. Love it

Room Tip: First floor is the best
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The room was very clean and full of amenities. It had an adequate sized refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee maker. I really appreciated the free wi-fi and free parking. We found the staff to be friendly and extremely helpful. One piece of advice - bring your own blow dryer. There is one in the room, but not powerful at all.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TALNewYork
Putnam County, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The room contained two queen sized beds, a refrigerator, a microwave, a coffee maker, and free wi-fi. While the room wasn't huge, it was adequate and comfortable. The free breakfast was quite good and I found the coffee to be excellent. There's a community computer in the lobby. I go to the Springfield area once a year and plan to stay at the htoel again. The only negative about the hotel is that there is no restaurant within walking distance, but there are places around that deliver, and there are dozens of restaurants within a couple of miles.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gobytrain99
Howard City, Michigan
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stayed here when going to Brimfield Antiuqe Show. Had the two room suite and it was excellent. Staff was freindly and the cost was reasonable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roger M
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2012

the room was small and dingy..needs an update. No elevator. Breakfast was nothing to be desired...went to McDonald's after!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Spamama_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!