“Perfectly adequate, but there are nicer Hampton Inns”

Hampton Inn West Springfield
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
weston, ma
“Perfectly adequate, but there are nicer Hampton Inns”
Reviewed February 16, 2007

I stayed at this Hampton Inn last Nov. 2006, right after Thanksgiving weekend. I am an HHonors member and like to frequent Hampton Inns whenever possible. It was perfectly adequate, the room was decent and the bed comfortable, with the usual hot and cold breakfast buffet items. However, there was a bus load of college athletes who arrived after a hockey game and they left their equipment in the hallway. There was a horrible stench in the hallway and as I recall, some interior construction work was going on. This Hampton Inn is located on a busy Rte. 5 (not the best area in West Springfield) and there are several fast food, shopping malls, and restaurants located nearby. This Hampton Inn was quite busy with families staying for the weekend as well. So if you're looking forward to some peace and quiet and a relaxing getaway, there are other alternatives, but the for convenience and location, this Hampton Inn is fine.

• Liked — Location, location, location -- very convenient to the Eastern States Exposition (Big E) fair.
  • Disliked — Can be crowded with noisy kids and busy with college athletes. Ongoing construction work.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank twogoldens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Southington, CT
Reviewed December 1, 2005

I do believe that I stayed here before Hampton Inn completed its Cloud Nine bed transformation on this hotel. The beds at another Hampton at which I have stayed have been fine, but this one -- the bed was so hard that I gave up and slept on the room's little sofa at 4 am. I have trouble with hard beds, which is one reason why I have sought out Hamptons. Usually in my experience, their beds have been soft and comfortable. Not this one. According to company PR, the Cloud Nine changeover will be completed by June 2006, so I might take another chance on this hotel later next year. The location is great, especially for visits to the Eastern States Exposition area. It's close to the Mass Pike, too. The hotel itself is lovely, and I love the spacious lobby with the skylight and fireplace. It's also part of a shopping center. At the time of my stay, a Home Town Buffet was an easy drive -- or even walk in nice weather. Plus, a Panera Bread was under construction in the same plaza when I was there. Until the soft beds come in, the location is the biggest attraction about this particular Hampton.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 23, 2005

Just came back from an over night stay at the Hampton Inn West Springfield, MA. Hotel was very clean from the front lobby/halls to the rooms. Staff was helpful and the morning breakfast was good.
Would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to families with kids.

Pool was clean as well.

1 Thank DLOP
Reviewed July 17, 2005

We stayed 4th of July wknd. my family had a wonderful time. Our room was very clean the breakfast was excellent we received two six flags tickets my children enjoyed the pool. The staff was very helpful and friendly another great thing was that we were able to purchase discount tickets for area attractions it saved us from standing in line my husband and I thought that was so awesome and it saved us a lot of time. We had such a great time we made reservations to return at the end of the month. I have recommended this Hotel to a lot of my family and friends. TWO THUMBS UP FOR THE HAMPTON INN!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2005

We were driving to Cape Cod, and needed a place to stay 1/2 way after a long drive. It was 7 pm when we checked in, and the price of the room was to be double of a neighbourhood motel, front desk clerk was willing to drop $30 for us that night. We took the room. (Before going to the Hampton Inn, we checked out the Red Roof Inn, and had decided not to stay there, their room was damp and smelly).

When we were ready to go to bed, noticed a lot of pubic hair on the bed sheets. Phoned front desk to ask for change of sheets, but she said housekeeping was off since 4pm. I asked for new sheets, immediately they brought that over. After my hubby and I changed the bed sheets, pillow cases, we were able to had a good night sleep.

Room was just a standard room, nothing too exciting. At least it does not smell or anything. Bathroom was reasonable. They provided free newspaper next morning.

Swimming Pool was small and was facing the parking. Kids love it. But I wouldn't use it.

Breakfast was good. They provided a wide range of food including a few types of bread, muffins, donuts, eggs and sausages, cereal, grits, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, fruits, etc. It was the best part of the stay.

A few days later, on the way back, we also checked out the Motel 6, although cheaper, we still preferred to go back to Hampton Inn.

Make sure you pick up the Travel / Lodging Coupon book in the Tourist Info center or Service Area along I-90. There is a couple within helped us to save $30 for our second stay.

If you need a place to eat, the near by Seafood restaurant Calamari' was reasonable and food was good.

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank Mousers
Reviewed September 6, 2004

We made last minute arrangements to stay at the Hampton Inn in West Springfield and boy was it gross there. Kids screaming, paper thin walls, loud hallways, slamming doors all night long, "duh" front desk staff, ugly area, it was just a gross experience. We were booked to stay a week, checked out after the first night. The only thing good was the free breakfast, if you could handle fighting all the swarms of children for a bagel. The beds are hard as heck, the linens had hairs on them, the bathroom floors had more hairs on it that I left my socks on at all times, and the bathtub had several rings around it. I felt dirtier after I showered than before. Not kidding, it was nasty. The rooms are tiny, too. Don't stay here, have some self respect, pay a little more, and find something that someone other than Al Bundy and family would stay at.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2004

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn West Springfield, September 5-6. It was a VERY great place. We got a package for 1 night + 2 tickets to Six Flags New England for $113 total. Additional tickets are $25 for adults. Since we stayed there Sunday night, the cost was cheaper than a Friday or Sat. night stay. Very great location: area is busy with traffic, but there are lots of restaurants right next door. Very easy to get to from the highway. Our room was nice and clean. Management was very nice. And the free continental breakfast was a great bonus. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a quick, affordable get away.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Hampton Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!